Kasabian…

Cancel culture innit mate :D

Big decision for them to make. I'd be gutted if my mates dropped me for one indiscretion. Even if it was a shit one. There's levels of bellendery imo. Someone will come along shortly and disagree and quite rightly so.

I think they might remain friends but have bad to sack him for the benefit of themselves and their careers going forward.
If they'd kept him in the band they'd get no airplay or coverage and protests at their gigs. By binning him the band can carry on and look like it's done the right thing

I think they might remain friends but have bad to sack him for the benefit of themselves and their careers going forward.
If they'd kept him in the band they'd get no airplay or coverage and protests at their gigs. By binning him the band can carry on and look like it's done the right thing

i don’t know, has he done enough to warrant that ?
of course I’m not advocating any of it I just can’t help think his crime doesn’t fit the punishment.

yeah I agree.

she stated it was a one off and violence has never happened before or since. She didn’t want to get the police involved either.
I think they’ve hugely overreacted by sacking him, unless there’s other internal stuff going on in the hand of course
I think they were pissed off with him for lying to them, as I think he told them he did nowt, then the following day it came out he did.

I find them a bit odd. Their songs have the elements you’d expect to find in a rock song, but the whole never quite adds up. It’s like what a AI version of ‘rock music’ might sound like.

i don’t know, has he done enough to warrant that ?
of course I’m not advocating any of it I just can’t help think his crime doesn’t fit the punishment.

Sack Tom or effectively sack the whole band in this day and age. They'd be accused of condoning domestic violence if they didn't.

Back