So you missed the two reds; one on Catts and the other on Maguire 1st half and Vaughans on Oviedio 2nd half?

See above. Both of those decisions would have been red of it had been the opposite way around.
Thought the high feet was a yellow but Naylor was bottled due to how early it was in the game.

By the rules of the game they were both red. The Catts one in particular. If he'd connected with studs he'd have ripped his face open. It was a perfect opportunity for the ref to put his stamp on the game and tell Jacket and his lads he wasn't putting up with their shit. Instead he bottled it. Their player was 1. High. 2. Out of control 3. Studs showing 4. Off the ground. Each one of these was grounds for a red by the laws of the game but combined was clearly a red.
Maguire was two yellows at least. Kicked out off the ball (red really) and then throwing the ball off his head. Right in front of the lineo too. Bottled it. Then to add insult to injury he went out of his way to find a reason to even up the bookings.

This 100%
Correct and a red card is a red card whether it's the 1st or the 90th minute.
Should a speeding ticket not be enforced if you've only been driving three minutes.

I agree that Naylor could have walked but understand why the ref was lenient (my fear was that he was going to send Maguire off in the same incident for a kick out as he was going down), it was a highly charged game which could have ended up 5 a side if he had set his stall out that early. Don't agree about Vaughan, it's a contact sport and Flanagan did similar every corner we had.
It's all about opinions, I prefer football to flow and to get that the ref needs to allow a bit more physicality, I thought he had a good game.

I agree that Naylor could have walked but understand why the ref was lenient (my fear was that he was going to send Maguire off in the same incident for a kick out as he was going down), it was a highly charged game which could have ended up 5 a side if he had set his stall out that early. Don't agree about Vaughan, it's a contact sport and Flanagan did similar every corner we had.
It's all about opinions, nor do I agree about the high boot on Cattermole, booking at worst. I prefer football to flow and to get that the ref needs to allow a bit more physicality, I thought he had a good game.

That game was never going to flow mate, too many fouls. Refs need to set the benchmark early and sometimes an early yellow is necessary imo.

I agree, but sometimes they also need to show a bit of common sense otherwise they can spoil the occasion. I thought he had a good game others didn't I'll live with that.

Agreed, but the Pompey players tried to spoil the occassion last night and have done in a number of our games with them. They cheat/play act first, playing is secondary.

I thought chucking a ball off someones head the way he did would've been a red like, but he was never gonna send off one of their players so early on.

The constant free kicks for players going down for nowt got on my nerves more than owt else. Commentators mentioned more than once about players 'buying' a foul. For me you buy a foul when you know you're going to get hit and you take it for the sake of getting a free kick. Not for collapsing to the floor in a heap when the opposition encroach on your personal space.

Agreed, but the Pompey players tried to spoil the occassion last night and have done in a number of our games with them. They cheat/play act first, playing is secondary.
Agreed, they were a disgrace especially in the three most recent games, and I hope our paths don't cross again for a very long time.

Back