Didn’t think the ref was that bad tbh.
So you missed the two reds; one on Catts and the other on Maguire 1st half and Vaughans on Oviedio 2nd half?

Thought the ref had a good game apart from missing an obvious foul on McLaughlin second half.

See above. Both of those decisions would have been red of it had been the opposite way around.

Whilst the ref was shite again, it was karma (and Big John MOM for me) which brought us the result. They shithouse tactics, gamesmanship and straight up cheating cane back to bite them on the arse. How they finished the game with 12 men (not a mistake cos the ref was so biased there should be some sort investigation) is utterly beyond me.
Gooch took the ball in to the corner and he gave a free kick out of nowhere. Can anyone explain that please?

Whilst the ref was shite again, it was karma (and Big John MOM for me) which brought us the result. They shithouse tactics, gamesmanship and straight up cheating cane back to bite them on the arse. How they finished the game with 12 men (not a mistake cos the ref was so biased there should be some sort investigation) is utterly beyond me.
The reffering for us this season has been truly shocking. Crap or corrupt? I dont know but truly shocking.

Makes it even sweeter that we f***ing didn't lower ourselves to their level. #cheats

The reffering for us this season has been truly shocking. Crap or corrupt? I dont know but truly shocking.

Not one for conspiracies but it would make a lot of sense financially for the EFL to have Sunderland play another season down there.

Last edited:
Ref was sound. Ozturk gave us our usual scare and was in a wrestling match with Clarke I think it was, could’ve easily been given so for that he’s alright by me.

Makes it even sweeter that we f***ing didn't lower ourselves to their level. #cheats

Not one for conspiracies but it would make a lot of sense financially for the EFL to have Sunderland play another season down there.
me too but I agree. At best going out there way not to show they will be intimidated by a large crowd.

Gooch took the ball in to the corner and he gave a free kick out of nowhere. Can anyone explain that please?

Vaughan just been booked then smashes Ovs in the back of the heid AFTER he's played the ball back to Big John! And that's a talking too not a yellow? Please do fuck off ref.
But he booked Maguire for SLIPPING OVER and falling into their player. Then said it was an accumulation of fouls?

Last edited:
Thought the ref was excellent possibly the best we have had this season

Vaughan just been booked then smashes Ovs in the back of the heid AFTER he's played the ball back ring if John! And that's a talking too not a yellow? Please do fuck off ref.
But he booked Maguire for SLIPPING OVER and falling into their player. Then said it was an accumulation of fouls?
Joke mate! I think magiures might of looked bad so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt but Vaughan should of been sent off like.

Back