Karaoke using a PC?

fyl2u

Striker
Does anyone know of any karaoke programs for PC? Preferably ones with a massive database (preferably varying from pop to rock to metal to rap to old musicals but happy with less if it's all that's going).

It doesn't need to have any kind of points system or flashy lights or anything, just basically play the tunes and display the words on the screen.

Last Friday the missus and I had loads of fun getting pissed and singing along to mp3s and YouTube but we were struggling to read the words on the PC screen (we were getting them from lyrics websites).

It's fine for songs where you know all the words or where there aren't many words in the song so you can magnify them onscreen, but it became an issue during my rendition of Bring The Noise by Public Enemy & Anthrax where I had to keep checking the screen for where I was.

At the moment the best plan we've got is to use the YouTube app on the iPad with the sound turned off, finding "lyrics" versions of the songs, and starting it running on the iPad a few seconds before starting it on the proper computer so that we get the next line's lyrics on the iPad screen a little in advance of hearing it (or just using the iPad to display the lyrics when we can't find a lyric version on YouTube).

My daughter (no, don't be ridiculous) apparently did a word perfect rendition of 99 problems at a university karaoke night. Sadly, when I ask it is not available, I'm guessing because of the n word. I also have problems when I ask if they have the lyrics for 'Face Down Ass Up' etc.

Singsnap, I'm a member of the free service but if you want access to everything you have to become a gold member and pay about £7 a month or summat (you can get a 1 week free trial).

Its quite easy and doesnt take long but difficult to explain, your best off asking on the xbmc thread what the best youtube tutorial is for a n00b. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/kodi-the-beginning-of-the-end.1402997/

Just trying to install one using this guide....

http://bestforkodi.com/install-guide-goliaths-karaoke-kodi-addon-repo/

Got as far as the first line. I don't have a cog icon on my addons settings page and have been through all the settings but can't find "Enable Unknown Sources" anywhere.

Back