Karanka Gone

Was talk of this when they played Leeds on NYD. football management is fucked now like, there's ridiculous amounts of sacking now because of the modern day need for instant success

Staying in post to see your plans and building developed seems a thing of the past now, clubs demand instant success.
Giving managers time doesceork Kloop at Liverpool proves it, 3 years in post and now starting to reap the benefits.

Only been there a year and he had them moving in the right direction and he seems the type to it his way or no way so if the owner starts interfering when things are on the up he has rightly left before he was pushed out.
His record results wise is decent and I'd be a touch surprised if he hasn't been tapped up by a Spanish club where his methods may be more appreciated.

Staying in post to see your plans and building developed seems a thing of the past now, clubs demand instant success.
Giving managers time doesceork Kloop at Liverpool proves it, 3 years in post and now starting to reap the benefits.

How? It proves Klopp is a good manager, nothing else. You don’t reap benefits by hanging on to a shit manager, or a manager that simply isn’t working out at a particular club.
Each case is different, one good example can be countered by bad examples.

Is that a rumour over there? Surely Garitano is doing the job well enough at the moment - another 3 points an they're potentially top 10.

They're only 3 points from the drop zone as well. That's how tight it is.

I think one day he'll become manager of Athletic.

I don't think Garitano is the long term answer. They've gone and done the same thing when Valverde left by getting the B team coach to step as the cheap option.

They're only 3 points from the drop zone as well. That's how tight it is.

I think one day he'll become manager of Athletic.

I don't think Garitano is the long term answer. They've gone and done the same thing when Valverde left by getting the B team coach to step as the cheap option.

I think we differ on this - l never felt Berizzo was the answer and wonder if Garitano was appointed as 2nd team coach or as a backup plan for if Berizzo didn't work out.

I wouldn't have an issue with Karanka however. Good manager who knows the club. However, some bridges to mend having moved to Real in his playing career.

Last edited:

Back