Kagools...

I remember in the mid 80's, when I was about 14, getting this Patrick Kagool for Christmas and loving it so much I even wore it right through the summer.

Logon or register to see this image

Are they still a thing? Never heard of Kagools for ages.
Tis a thing of beauty that!

Just like this one. (struggling to find a retro pic of one)

My break dance crew from Newcastle and myself all wore this back in the 80's. One lad in our crew was American and he brought them back from America for us to wear. No one had the style we wore and made us feel proud to be original.:)

I remember in the mid 80's, when I was about 14, getting this Patrick Kagool for Christmas and loving it so much I even wore it right through the summer.

Sorry, but that's not a cagoule. This is a real cagoule
full

Elasticated hood and cuffs but definitely no zip down the front because that is where the only pocket is. Stuffs down into the pocket on the front and lives in your school bag ready for a pen to leak blue ink onto it.
Made from real 1970's nylon, so although technically rain proof it makes you sweat so much that you get as just as wet as if you weren't wearing it.

full

Elasticated hood and cuffs but definitely no zip down the front because that is where the only pocket is. Stuffs down into the pocket on the front and lives in your school bag ready for a pen to leak blue ink onto it.
Made from real 1970's nylon, so although technically rain proof it makes you sweat so much that you get as just as wet as if you weren't wearing it.
I was thinking this. It was something as a kid that was rolled up and held together with a massive elastic band for wear only when it rained. You simply wouldn't choose to wear it if it wasn't raining. Many many pics of me when young on family holidays wearing a blue one. :neutral::lol:

full

Great to keep my Conkers in.:cool:

Yep most outdoor shops sell them. from 14.00 quid in a little bag to 100.00 quid in a little bag....you pays your money and takes you Cagoule.....carry one under the seat in the car and yes, Oh look at me I have a car!

Back