Just want a quick moan

PTR

Striker
Went to Euro Disney last week - within hours my bad back/hip/leg problem kicked in, and I promised myself I was going to get into the DDPY I've been wanting to do for months - agreed with the missus that I'd come in from work, and not sit with the bairn, cook tea, get the bairn ready for bed - but go into the spare room with my yoga mat and get cracking.

Day 2 of holiday, my bad ankle/achillies felt like it ripped in 2. Anything involving stretching it absolutely knacks like someone is carving it with a knife. So back to the physios I'll have to go, worried it didn't heal properly last time :(

Day 3, woke up and could barely move my right knee. The right side of my kneecap is sore to the touch, and almost constantly hurts when I walk, especially on any kind of gradient/steps.

So from being excited about starting the yoga/pilates (DDPY seems to be a hybrid of the 2 from what I can tell?), now I'm totally stuck and will have to back through rehab.
And that's BEFORE I start to work on the back issue - 5x5 really did help, but I kept getting back strains whenever I got to about 100Kg on squats and deads, after 3 times in a row, with months off injured, I decided it was a bad idea to try that again.

really really gutted :(

FFS! You said it was a quick moan. :evil:
If you ask my missus, who's had 3 days of my constant moaning, she would say that was quick! :lol:

Well, at least I've picked up the phone without delay this time to use my health insurance.
Turns out my annual limit doesn't just exclude physio, but also any scans - which is canny.

Just waiting on a call back from the torture team now. Sorry, I mean Physios.

Last edited:
First (double) session done. Got a shit ton of stuff to do every night - so looks like I'm setting up the spare room after all, just not for DDPY

Stupid excessive drinking and eating Xmas. Barely done a thing for a week.

Back to it last night, with the physio's exercises, not too bad at all - feeling a lot better now.
So much so I did my first DDPYoga session last night. Confusing as hell, as I've never done anything like Yoga or pilates before, but I'm sure itll make more sense the more times I do it.

I keep seeing the results of people who've stuck to it, its incredible. Almost unbelievable.

Stupid excessive drinking and eating Xmas. Barely done a thing for a week.

Back to it last night, with the physio's exercises, not too bad at all - feeling a lot better now.
So much so I did my first DDPYoga session last night. Confusing as hell, as I've never done anything like Yoga or pilates before, but I'm sure itll make more sense the more times I do it.

I keep seeing the results of people who've stuck to it, its incredible. Almost unbelievable.
What’s DDP Yoga?

What’s DDP Yoga?
Is a strength and fitness programme from the ex wrestler DDP.
Have a look on YouTube, loads on there.

At the physios now, time to get broken again.

Interesting today.
Different physio (otherwise I'd have to have waited another 2 weeks to get in).

This lad has actually diagnosed 2 things
1 - My ankle mobility is shot, probaby from old football injuries. Not fixable, but can prevent further injury by strengthening etc
2 - 75% of my weight goes onto my right foot - turns out my right leg is longer than the left. That's why my bad issue manifests as leg/hip pain only on the right side, as its that side doing all the work.

Now we know what's actually wrong, we can fix. Happy days.

Mind, some of the exercises bloody hurt today. But I don't mind that, if its helping.

What’s DDP Yoga?
Just the latest 2 stories on his youtube channel

Last edited:
3rd session with the physio tonight. He found scar tissue on my ankle last time, and really went to work on it tonight. Bloody hell, it hurt.
Got to ice and heat and ice tonight, and anti inflammitory gel afterwards - its already swelling up, only just got home.

Definitely making a difference though - no pain in my knee or ankle anymore. 1 more session planned, and got some orthotic insoles coming in the next few days to help:
1 - To put my left ankle into a better position - physio found my ankle mobility is fucked and will never get better, likely from old footy injuries
2 - Turns out my left leg is shorter than my right, so we need to lift my left shoe a bit - that might also really help my long-term back problem?

3rd session with the physio tonight. He found scar tissue on my ankle last time, and really went to work on it tonight. Bloody hell, it hurt.
Got to ice and heat and ice tonight, and anti inflammitory gel afterwards - its already swelling up, only just got home.

Definitely making a difference though - no pain in my knee or ankle anymore. 1 more session planned, and got some orthotic insoles coming in the next few days to help:
1 - To put my left ankle into a better position - physio found my ankle mobility is fucked and will never get better, likely from old footy injuries
2 - Turns out my left leg is shorter than my right, so we need to lift my left shoe a bit - that might also really help my long-term back problem?
Has he access to pelvic x-rays to confirm the problem really is different leg lengths and not an out of alignment pelvis?

Went to Euro Disney last week - within hours my bad back/hip/leg problem kicked in, and I promised myself I was going to get into the DDPY I've been wanting to do for months - agreed with the missus that I'd come in from work, and not sit with the bairn, cook tea, get the bairn ready for bed - but go into the spare room with my yoga mat and get cracking.

Day 2 of holiday, my bad ankle/achillies felt like it ripped in 2. Anything involving stretching it absolutely knacks like someone is carving it with a knife. So back to the physios I'll have to go, worried it didn't heal properly last time :(

Day 3, woke up and could barely move my right knee. The right side of my kneecap is sore to the touch, and almost constantly hurts when I walk, especially on any kind of gradient/steps.

So from being excited about starting the yoga/pilates (DDPY seems to be a hybrid of the 2 from what I can tell?), now I'm totally stuck and will have to back through rehab.
And that's BEFORE I start to work on the back issue - 5x5 really did help, but I kept getting back strains whenever I got to about 100Kg on squats and deads, after 3 times in a row, with months off injured, I decided it was a bad idea to try that again.

really really gutted :(

Stronglifts sorted my back out but like you I need to do some stretching stuff as my injuries just won't budge now. Shoulder and knee.

I'm going to check out this DDPY thing. Sounds like something I need to do.

Is a strength and fitness programme from the ex wrestler DDP.
Have a look on YouTube, loads on there.

At the physios now, time to get broken again.

Interesting today.
Different physio (otherwise I'd have to have waited another 2 weeks to get in).

This lad has actually diagnosed 2 things
1 - My ankle mobility is shot, probaby from old football injuries. Not fixable, but can prevent further injury by strengthening etc
2 - 75% of my weight goes onto my right foot - turns out my right leg is longer than the left. That's why my bad issue manifests as leg/hip pain only on the right side, as its that side doing all the work.

Now we know what's actually wrong, we can fix. Happy days.

Mind, some of the exercises bloody hurt today. But I don't mind that, if its helping.

Just the latest 2 stories on his youtube channel

Bloody hell.

That's what I need. I'm joints are fucked from sports.
Going to get this today.

Last edited:
Bloody hell.

That's what I need. I'm joints are fucked from sports.
Going to get this today.
You referring to the videos? They're unreal aren't they? If it wasn't someone I trust, I'd say its bullshit.

I've got the "learn how to do it" (Called the Diamond Dozen) set online if you want a link to it mate? Once you learn them, you move onto the sessions, such as "Energy"

No But I did have a pelvic x ray a while back and the doctor didn't mention that
If they weren’t looking for that specifically I doubt they would even consider the possibility. I only mentioned it because I broke my leg when I was 10 and found out in my 30’s that my pelvis was out of alignment. The result is a badly worn spine from the body making constant adjustments as it tries to balance things out!

@PTR how long do you need to allow for the workouts? Are they something you can do before bed or best first thing?
Are they relaxing or do they get you amped up?

@PTR how long do you need to allow for the workouts? Are they something you can do before bed or best first thing?
Are they relaxing or do they get you amped up?
DDPY?
I'm a total beginner mate. I would have been 3-4 workouts in by now, but a combination of pain-after-the-physio-has-killed-me, and having to decorate and do work that wasn't planned, has meant I'm way behind my plan.

The Diamond Dozen seems to be about 35mins, but its really slow - its literally just the instructional video to learn the positions. After week 2, I don't think you ever do that video again (yes, there's a schedule).
The "beginner" class - Energy - is about 40 mins long. Its quite hard work, you need a heartrate monitor apparently, as your own dynamic resistance is what makes it hard, and you need to use your heart rate to determine how much to push.

DDPY?
I'm a total beginner mate. I would have been 3-4 workouts in by now, but a combination of pain-after-the-physio-has-killed-me, and having to decorate and do work that wasn't planned, has meant I'm way behind my plan.

The Diamond Dozen seems to be about 35mins, but its really slow - its literally just the instructional video to learn the positions. After week 2, I don't think you ever do that video again (yes, there's a schedule).
The "beginner" class - Energy - is about 40 mins long. Its quite hard work, you need a heartrate monitor apparently, as your own dynamic resistance is what makes it hard, and you need to use your heart rate to determine how much to push.

So you reckon an hour to do it would do it?

So you reckon an hour to do it would do it?
Oh, easy. Try the dozen video a couple of times, and see what you think.
Check your PMs for a link to the video.

Stronglifts sorted my back out but like you I need to do some stretching stuff as my injuries just won't budge now.
Stronglifts really made a difference for me too. But everytime I got to aroudn 100kg for squats and deads, I got injuries and niggles. I think I hit the same plateaux 3 times, and it really disheartened me.
Probably my form, but I don't dare try again.

Last edited:
Moaning to being pretty f***ing chuffed tonight

Just completed the first DDP routine. Energy .

And now about to do my physio exercises.
The insoles fell great too. Feels like something I've needed all my life

Happy days.

Moaning to being pretty f***ing chuffed tonight

Just completed the first DDP routine. Energy .

And now about to do my physio exercises.
The insoles fell great too. Feels like something I've needed all my life

Happy days.
you just using the app? or are they available on youtube etc?

Back