Just Tried HIIT On The Cross Trainer For The First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't view that video on my phone. I'll have a look in the house. What does everybody recommend with HIIT? Doing 9 mins on the cross trainer, 30 secs easy, 1 min hard. Do that on the rower & bike too?

Bearing in mind I'm doing a bit on the treadmill at a decent speed & slowly building the distance up. That's currently in 1km intervals for 3km at 13km/h with 0.5km breaks in between. The idea is I slowly integrate these so I'm at 3.2km which is 2 mile so I'm doing it in one go.

on the rower i do

3 min steady warm up
1 min all out
2 min steady
1 min all out
2 min steady......

for 20 min

on the rower i do

3 min steady warm up
1 min all out
2 min steady
1 min all out
2 min steady......

for 20 min

you have to work your way up to that
1 minute flat out is f***ing hard going

i do my HIIT on a spinning bike

4 min warm up
40 sec flat out
40 sec medium
etc

Last edited:
Would 15/20 minutes HIIT on cross trainer and bike, each, in one session, be good? With no treadmill ec..

Aye, maybe even 10 minutes a piece?

no mate, if you can do 2 lots in one session it means you arent doing the 1st lot properly.

Stick to one excerise (bike, rower, stepper etc) and work upto around a 15 to 20 minute HIIT session
Have about a 3 to 5 minute warmup then intervals of 100% flat out followed by medium paced intervals and a 2 min warm down. As your fitness improves you will be able to extend the length of the 100% parts and decrease the length of the medium paced parts and also the amount of intervals.

Doesnt take long to build up the fitness/stamina

(no doubt someone will call this bollocks like)

tabata is a killer and hurts, about half way through I'm breathing spit and dripping sweat on the floor its hell but you know its only short so you can kill yourself, but I've noticed that the fitter I get the harder I push so it never gets easier

ever, look forward to that.

I quite like tabatas, hill sprints and kettlebell swings probably my favourite thing to do.

Tried a weird kettlebell workout today. 15 seconds work/15 seconds rest - snatches, doing at least 6 snatches per interval repeated for 25 minutes. Was too easy so i need to do 7 reps next time.

If you do a tonne of them get one of these

I quite like tabatas, hill sprints and kettlebell swings probably my favourite thing to do.

Tried a weird kettlebell workout today. 15 seconds work/15 seconds rest - snatches, doing at least 6 snatches per interval repeated for 25 minutes. Was too easy so i need to do 7 reps next time.

If you do a tonne of them get one of these

Or one of the many phone apps.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back