Just paid off our mortgage

As long as you have a reasonable amount of equity you will currently get a rate below 2%. This can also be fixed for 5 years.
Good deal - but you have to add on the arrangement fees. I personally went debt free ages ago. I could have kept a low rate mortgage on and gambled my cash on risky investments, but I am a bit 'belt and braces'.

did you take lessons in being an arsehole or does it com naturally?
weve got a poster who's prour of one of his kids going into a top profession. give him a break.
Ta mate,I am super proud,i came from fuck all,free school dinners and benefits family,i remember those kids at school from decent families whose dads had cars and lived in bought houses,their life always seemed great,i always wanted better for my kids,i have spent a fortune on their educations over the years,we all want a better life for our kids I hope.

Good deal - but you have to add on the arrangement fees. I personally went debt free ages ago. I could have kept a low rate mortgage on and gambled my cash on risky investments, but I am a bit 'belt and braces'.

If you go with your current provider you still should get a fee free deal for under 2.25% for 5 years.

I agree about the arrangement fees relative to the size of the loan but with plenty of equity you won't have any difficulty obtaining less than 2%. It's also about managing any risk you take within sensible levels (for yourself) and enjoying a few holidays, of course.

Paid ours off a canny few years ago, it's a great feeling to be debt free. I had planned on putting the same amount away each month in savings but never bothered.
We've another mortgage now as bought a place abroad, not a lot though and 8 years to go.

Back