Just paid off our mortgage

Ours is late 1890s in a conservation area so they should be quite interesting. I think you can request a copy for something like £10-£15? Might be worth a look.
I had mine from when I moved in, even with a mortgage. Think if the bank have them you do have to pay an access fee. May be a one off as you should now be able to keep them as electronic records are seen as the prime documents.

Some properties don't even have them depending on their age and location.

Good on the parents? Your lad isn’t as bright as the state schooled doctors who didn’t need their parents’ money.
Assumptions ;) He isn't studying in this country so what exactly do you know about the country he is studying in and their education system?What are your kids doing?If you have any that is.

Assumptions ;) He isn't studying in this country so what exactly do you know about the country he is studying in and their education system?What are your kids doing?If you have any that is.

I don’t have, and won’t ever have kids.
Well that’s not the case but feel free.

You argued for a flat rate of tax which as demonstrated, raises tax on the poorest and cuts it for the wealthiest.

That’s why I think you’re selfish.

Last edited:
Good one, lovely to have that debt removed from your monthly outgoings.
Knowing you never have to worry about paying rent etc when your a pensioner.
Just get the house sorted so they can't take if off you if you go into care when your do lally.

I don’t have, and won’t ever have kids.

You argued for a flat rate of tax which as demonstrated, raises tax on the poorest and cuts it for the wealthiest.

That’s why I think you’re selfish.

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree.

I’d happily change my mind if you could show me a system where everybody pays in something. Even if it’s not flat.

Fuck morals,i want them to have a good start not get dragged up the way I was.

So what you’re saying is you think it’s right that you can buy your kid’s success when kids from your background struggle?

Your kids aren’t special, but because you’ve got a bigger bank account than most, they get an easy path to success.

It’s wrong.

So what you’re saying is you think it’s right that you can buy your kid’s success when kids from your background struggle?

Your kids aren’t special, but because you’ve got a bigger bank account than most, they get an easy path to success.

It’s wrong.

Dear me :lol:
We can agree that you’re a selfish little prick though can’t we? Because you are.

Somebody’s on the train to ban time again.

I am if I got one now but realistically it would be when I'm 42 at the earliest and I'm not keen on starting a mortgage by myself into my 40s.

Don't disregard it as an unrealistic opportunity.

With help to buy and help to buy ISA's it is fairly easy to get a deposit together these days.

I think you live in Whitley Bay, you can get a 2/3 bed semi for 100k. Only need a 5% deposit to buy so 5k deposit. Monthly repayment based on 4% interest rate would be £500. No stamp duty to pay and you'd own the house outright in 25 years and that is without any over payments.

If you are a first time buyer you can get a help to buy ISA to help save for the deposit. You can put up to £1,200 in the first month and a max of £200 every month after. The government tops up your savings by 25% plus you get the interest. Would only take 3 years to save just under 5k putting away £100 a month.

Good lord.

I don’t think I’m better than anybody.

What the fuck is wrong with you today? :lol:

There’s nothing wrong, I’m just saying what I was too polite to say the other day.

You openly support a tax policy where people on minimum wage pay double the tax they currently do, whilst you would pay less.

You have a household income well above average. You own several homes.

You want to pay less tax whilst the poorest and most vulnerable pay twice as much as they do now.

This is why I think you’re a selfish little prick. It’s not difficult to understand.

There’s nothing wrong, I’m just saying what I was too polite to say the other day.

You openly support a tax policy where people on minimum wage pay double the tax they currently do, whilst you would pay less.

You have a household income well above average. You own several homes.

You want to pay less tax whilst the poorest and most vulnerable pay twice as much as they do now.

This is why I think you’re a selfish little prick. It’s not difficult to understand.

I openly support a policy where everybody pays in who is in full time employment. Even if it’s not a flat rate.

Back