Just had my car broken into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delightful.

How long does it take to have a passenger window put in, and is there a legally safe temporary solution if it'll be a while?

Meeting friends I haven't seen in a few months this weekend and already promised folk lifts and things

*****!

Delightful.

How long does it take to have a passenger window put in, and is there a legally safe temporary solution if it'll be a while?

Meeting friends I haven't seen in a few months this weekend and already promised folk lifts and things

*****!

what car is it mate?

Delightful.

*****!

Cardboard and duct tape till you get sorted mate, obviously dinnet leave anything of note in the car

Delightful.

*****!
ring around you might get it done tomorrow if not then thursday til then as PM says duct tape and cardboard

I remember when I first moved down to the Midlands and my girlfriend's missus was talking about how she'd been talking to someone they had sold their last car to and was saying that it had been broken into.

She was a broad Black Country woman, and I was convinced she was saying the car had been "broken in two". All I could picture was this car snapped in half.

I think it's one of those where you had to be there.

Delightful.

*****!
soz to hear that! see many cars with temporary covers on windows so probs ok. Check your insurance policy to see if it is covered-windscreens usually are but with an excess to pay

soz to hear that! see many cars with temporary covers on windows so probs ok. Check your insurance policy to see if it is covered-windscreens usually are but with an excess to pay

Yeah. Repair bloke arriving early hours hopefully. Gutted here like. Fourth incident of car crime that I've been party to since I moved here including three to someone in my household and me twice!

depending on his insurance and type of car it might be as easy to take it to a scrapyard

(edit: I don't mean to write your car off frijj);)

Yeah. Repair bloke arriving early hours hopefully. Gutted here like. Fourth incident of car crime that I've been party to since I moved here including three to someone in my household and me twice!
worth considering you, housemates and Neighbours sharing cost for getting security cams?

worth considering you, housemates and Neighbours sharing cost for getting security cams?

This happened in the town centre I'm afraid.

Practically all crime here is the result of drug addicts feeding their addiction mind. They're not arsed about being caught, all they want is something to sell for a few quid to get some heroin to go and shoot up it seems.

depending on his insurance and type of car it might be as easy to take it to a scrapyard

(edit: I don't mean to write your car off frijj);)
if you know of any that would replace them, than rather than just supply that would help him for sure:cool:

The car is less than two years old.

Had the passenger side mirror smashed off (presumably by a cyclist as they weave between the cars parked at the bottom of the cul-de-sac to get through to the adjoining steeet) and was told there'd be no point as so few have been scrapped

National Windscreens can't do anything until 9am so I'm now sitting by the window watching the car as there's been a fair bit of car crime here.

The car is less than two years old.

Had the passenger side mirror smashed off (presumably by a cyclist as they weave between the cars parked at the bottom of the cul-de-sac to get through to the adjoining steeet) and was told there'd be no point as so few have been scrapped

National Windscreens can't do anything until 9am so I'm now sitting by the window watching the car as there's been a fair bit of car crime here.
Maybe would have been worth leaving it in a secure multistory over night

Maybe would have been worth leaving it in a secure multistory over night

We don't have such things here I'm afraid.

This street is unfortunately a popular thoroughfare for ne'erdowells and scallywags so one of them sees that and it's their lucky day :lol:

Well it would be if one of their mates hadn't beaten them to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back