Just had an e-Mail saying gym is getting ready to open

Imagine raging about gyms not being open in these circumstances, some right muppets on here.

I am not a gym user - I admit I do swim - how long would you say close these places - at what point would you say it was Ok - If we never get a vaccine, and I pray we do, what do you do. Shut everything for ever - I don't know the answer mind

I am not a gym user - I admit I do swim - how long would you say close these places - at what point would you say it was Ok - If we never get a vaccine, and I pray we do, what do you do. Shut everything for ever - I don't know the answer mind

up and running now apparently? madness

Aye they were a bit slow with their plans and who I spoke to in Sunderland was thick as mince so was easier to just cancel. Tbh I can't really go back unless I get some help with childcare. My parents have not come forward yet 😕
I was there until the Friday they closed them, whether that was sensible or not who knows, but I’ve come to no harm.
They had put quite a few measures in place in terms of extra cleaning, I think it’ll look different when we get back. I can’t wait for a swim.
Hopefully you manage to get sorted and can go back if you choose to, it might give it a little bit more time to settle down too.

I’ve never raged I knew they had to close but that doesn’t mean I’ve not missed them, massively.

Fair enough, get out and exercise in the open air is my view, job done. I get the addictive thing about gym going but its not good in this environment now, having said that the govt have now said its fine, so go with them or make your own mind up.

Fair enough, get out and exercise in the open air is my view, job done. I get the addictive thing about gym going but its not good in this environment now, having said that the govt have now said its fine, so go with them or make your own mind up.
I’ve been running on almost every day I would go to the gym (tues-fri) but I’m really not a fan of it.
I can’t wait to go back in the hope there are lots of measures in place.

I’ve been running on almost every day I would go to the gym (tues-fri) but I’m really not a fan of it.
I can’t wait to go back in the hope there are lots of measures in place.
I’m thinking of going to a gym as well. I suppose if you look at how many cases there are per area, per day then you can get an idea of the potential risk involved. Sunderland for instance hasn’t had any new cases for about a week now.

I’m thinking of going to a gym as well. I suppose if you look at how many cases there are per area, per day then you can get an idea of the potential risk involved. Sunderland for instance hasn’t had any new cases for about a week now.
Sunderland has done brilliantly. When it was clear what was going to happen back in March the gym closing was one of the biggest things for me. I just kept saying as long as I can have me Friday night wine and go to the gym I can cope with anything else 😁.
So this is huge for me.
Gateshead council don’t look like they are opening theirs

Last edited:
Gateshead council don’t look like they are opening theirs
The email everyone active sent me basically said it was down to the individual local authorities they work with. I can't see Sunderland council refusing as it's an income source for them.

The email everyone active sent me basically said it was down to the individual local authorities they work with. I can't see Sunderland council refusing as it's an income source for them.
I’d be gutted if I was a member in Gateshead but I also sort of think fair play to them too.
No I agree about Sunderland

Back