Just had a look at Man City's fixture list

I’m going to stick my neck on the line and say they will win the lot.

1 more goal in this game tonight and they can rotate players for the second leg, which would help them.
I wonder how he will fit Aguero in. May just play him in the cup games and champions league games. I think they’ll end up winning the premier league by the biggest margin ever, they have no clear weakness. They are more boring I would say (Behind closed doors May account for it), but they seem to be reaping the rewards for emphasising defence over attack earlier in the season. A city team that concedes very few is unstoppable.

Sounds daft but their main weakness I can see is that they often over elaborate in the final third and try to pick out the perfect pass rather than shoot. Sterling does this all the time. He will be one on one and turn looking for a team mate only to see a defender knick the ball off him.
He's got a shot at all four this year, imo. It's very much on.

They are a better side than PSG and Liverpool.

Bayern... Hard to say. Perhaps not.

That would make a great final. City v Bayern.

1 more goal in this game tonight and they can rotate players for the second leg, which would help them.

Sounds daft but their main weakness I can see is that they often over elaborate in the final third and try to pick out the perfect pass rather than shoot. Sterling does this all the time. He will be one on one and turn looking for a team mate only to see a defender knick the ball off him.

That would make a great final. City v Bayern.
I agree, remarkably if I had to pinpoint their a for me it is offensive rather than defensive, imagine saying that 8 months ago.

With mbappe, icardi and Neymar up top, city will be very wary in the game.

Of course, top side, top players - but I would expect City to dominate possession and create more chances.

Finishing is city's weakness. Do feel they might need to get Aguero on the pitch to land the Champions League. That said, using De Bruyne as a false nine leads to some amazing football.

Last edited:
They probably only have to win 6 or 7 of their remaining league games. If they sweep the next 4 games, which are all at home, they'll probably be 15 points clear and it's all over bar the shouting.

I think he's averaging 4 changes per games so the rotation is already on, easy enough when you have a squad like that I suppose. They're possibly 1 midfielder short of having 2 complete teams.

Remember before Christmas their fans were moaning that they weren't scoring enough. :lol:

Still in 3 cups competitions and 13 league games left. Must be brilliant being a City fan with a big game coming every three or four days.

If they get to the FA Cup final they will have to re-arrange 2 league matches and they each only have one slot left to go into unless they fail in the CL and free up some midweek slots. I could see them rotating players in league games as the season wears on if they maintain their lead. Realistically, they probably need to win 8/9 of their last 13 league games to take the title and could probably get away with less than that as long as they don't lose to thier direct rivals.

Massive odds on to win the league and clear favourites for the league cup final and over two legs in the champions league I fancy them v anybody other than maybe Bayern. Could come down to a possible 3 one off cup finals for a quadrouple.
When you get to the end of the season you need a bit of luck. I think the league is over but the Cups could end up anywhere.
I wonder how he will fit Aguero in. May just play him in the cup games and champions league games. I think they’ll end up winning the premier league by the biggest margin ever, they have no clear weakness. They are more boring I would say (Behind closed doors May account for it), but they seem to be reaping the rewards for emphasising defence over attack earlier in the season. A city team that concedes very few is unstoppable.
Their games are boring but largely because the opponents almost always park the bus.

Leeds games are the most exciting. They are guaranteed to attack and the opposition know they can get at them so they tend to be end to end.

Last edited:
They were in an almost identical position 3 years ago then managed to get knocked out of the FA Cup by Wigan, and then lost in the Champions League to. Liverpool team who were more than 20 points behind them.

Two years ago they lost to Spurs in the Champions League, and Spurs were nowhere near their level.

Last year they went off to the knockout tournament in Portugal as strong favourites, ended up losing to Lyon who were mid table in France.

Basically they always seem to find a way to mess it up in the Champions League. They along with Bayern look a class apart, but we've seen it before - better wait until they've actually got the trophies in the bag before going in too much with the praise.

I begrudge all of their success. I’d heard all about the famous Maine Road and the atmosphere when we were relegated there. I couldn’t wait so went for Ian Brightwell’s testimonial match v the Lads. He gave them at least ten years’ service. The crowd was about 7000 with more than half in our end!

+When they scored the 3rd in our league cup final, loads of them around us left “to beat the traffic” before they got the cup. I’m guessing those people weren’t with me at Maine Road watching Brightwell.

Interesting to see Guardiola saying that they still need to improve, they need to be more clinical, and strive for perfection. An attitude all top managers in any profession possess.

And then I get called all sorts of names for suggesting that even though sunderland have won 3 games in a row, that there is still, and always will be, areas for improvement / weak spots in the team

I have massive respect for Pep always aiming to win every cup. He refuses to set up a team for possibly losing and if they do, just shrug his shoulders. He wants to win them all, none of this "I'm glad we're out, so we can focus on the league" bullshit.

He does have a ridiculous squad at his disposal enabling him to do that. Nobody else in the league comes close to their depth.
I can’t remember offhand but did city have their u21s in the papa johns trophy?
We played them and despite us winning, you could tell they were class players with more ability than ours :lol:

He does have a ridiculous squad at his disposal enabling him to do that. Nobody else in the league comes close to their depth.

We played them and despite us winning, you could tell they were class players with more ability than ours :lol:
Actually, if you look at their squad size per Transfermarkt, not that big a squad for senior players.
City 24
Liverpool 29
United 26
Tottenham 26
Chelsea 26
Leicester 25
Arsenal 26
Everton 23

Seemed to have an awful start to the season and suddenly they've won about 40 in a row! :lol:

Missing De Bruyne a bit who is the best player in the Premier League, as well as Aguero, which makes it even more impressive.

Back