Just got a positive result

Iguana

Full Back
My PCR just came back positive. No symptoms but I was given the test because I was meant to go into hospital tomorrow to have a line fitted in my chest ready to start Chemotherapy on Tuesday.

I had a positive Lateral Flow four weeks ago and Omicron symptoms - sore throat and sniffles. I had hoped that meant I wouldn't get it again so I went off to a festival in Brighton last week. I feel so bloody stupid. The Covid won't particularly harm me but delaying the cancer treatment might.

Sorry to hear that.

Are you testing positive on LFTs? I wonder if the PCR is still testing positive due to previous infection and that is why they say don't take another PCR for up to 90 days after having covid.

Best wishes with your treatment mate.

Are you testing positive on LFTs? I wonder if the PCR is still testing positive due to previous infection and that is why they say don't take another PCR for up to 90 days after having covid.
Negative LFT day before and day after the positive PCR. I did have covid symptoms and a positive LFT in April so I am now sure it is just a previous infection. Getting another PCR in 10 days but as you say they can continue to detect the dead virus for up to 90 days. I will kick up a fuss if they don't start the treatment even if I fail the next PCR - every day's delay is potentially life threatening if the cancer starts to spread as so far it is just the tumour.

Also annoying is this means I won't be back in my seat at the SOL until November.

Sorry to hear that.

Best wishes with your treatment mate.
I was thinking that - I'd be tempted to call them and discuss.

And yeah, best of luck @Iguana

My PCR just came back positive. No symptoms but I was given the test because I was meant to go into hospital tomorrow to have a line fitted in my chest ready to start Chemotherapy on Tuesday.

I had a positive Lateral Flow four weeks ago and Omicron symptoms - sore throat and sniffles. I had hoped that meant I wouldn't get it again so I went off to a festival in Brighton last week. I feel so bloody stupid. The Covid won't particularly harm me but delaying the cancer treatment might.
Insane you have been reinfected possibly within 3 or so weeks.

Thanks for your good wishes. It is strange that I feel great and am fitter than I have been for decades (I retired early last year and walk the beaches every day). Only problem is a tumour that means I can't eat solid food.

Still the fact that they are offering surgery is hopeful and means I have already beaten the statistics. I don't want Covid to ruin that luck.

Good luck with the Chemo and I hope your treatment starts soon.

Back