Just Eat again.

Both of my local takeaways (one chinese, one pizza) have their own website now. Both accept card. The pizza shop even offers a discount to order through that website, then closed just eat.

If you think about it from a takeaway point of view. You log onto just eat, put in your postcode. And regardless of whether you know where you’re ordering from, are presented with a vast list of alternatives. Couple this with JE taking 14-20% of their already small profit, I don’t think they’ll outlast the next 5 years.
Let's hope not, just typical unnecessary leeches .

Don't understand the hate for Just Eat. Most takeaways have absolutely zero customer service skills and JustEat can bridge the gap with that.

If it means I don't have to speak to someone on the phone when i'm hungover to bits who will inevitably get my order wrong and arse about with coins at the door then so be it.

They also have a system where you can report if the takeaway tries to rip you off for charging more on the app than on their own menu, which is largely a myth anyway in my experience.

'Arse about with coins and speak over the phone'

Life's hard ain't it?

Last edited:
Nah. The greedy twats have he market sewn up. Bigger chains will get their own websites but the local Chinese isn’t going to. They are taking advantage and will get away with it. Fair play.

my preferred Indians has it's own app and offers 10% discount on orders from the app.

Just Eat Again. Sounds like the constant loop in my brain.

Should be Jacamo's Nike-esque slogan.

Last edited:
Both of my local takeaways (one chinese, one pizza) have their own website now. Both accept card. The pizza shop even offers a discount to order through that website, then closed just eat.

If you think about it from a takeaway point of view. You log onto just eat, put in your postcode. And regardless of whether you know where you’re ordering from, are presented with a vast list of alternatives. Couple this with JE taking 14-20% of their already small profit, I don’t think they’ll outlast the next 5 years.
Just been in my local ,bout once a month ,got their own app
Anti just eat banter on the posters ,price may vary etc ..20 % discount on our app etc

Robbing bastards. I used to get £1.50 for crossing the road on foot, to deliver to bar staff. Yet got the same delivery money for driving 4.3 miles to westfield from bathgate. I'm doing deliveries again for two takeaways one has scoffable and just eat or phone orders. 95% of orders are phone or scoffable, very few just eat. The other is a chain of shops in central Scotland with its own app. Everybody uses the app or phones the order in. The Chinese we use has nothing but a phone and is thriving.

Back