Just Eat again.

There was a furore on the foodies website that Just Eat are going to introduce a 50p charge on all orders, I believe it was briefly discussed on here as well.

Question is am I right in thinking that if you order a £10 meal now, would that become a £10.50 meal in the future with Just Eat cashing 50p of that? Given that they already get 14% of the meal price as their commission from the restaurant, how can they possibly justify charging the customer as well?

You might as well just peruse the restaurant menu on JE then ring the resto direct! I understand if you ask them they'll give you bigger portions or a freebie if you do this as obviously the resto makes more on the meal.

There was a furore on the foodies website that Just Eat are going to introduce a 50p charge on all orders, I believe it was briefly discussed on here as well.

Question is am I right in thinking that if you order a £10 meal now, would that become a £10.50 meal in the future with Just Eat cashing 50p of that? Given that they already get 14% of the meal price as their commission from the restaurant, how can they possibly justify charging the customer as well?

You might as well just peruse the restaurant menu on JE then ring the resto direct! I understand if you ask them they'll give you bigger portions or a freebie if you do this as obviously the resto makes more on the meal.

Ive done that on many things... not on Just Eat mind

I've booked direct with numerous hotels etc after saying the price online with abc.

they have matched the price and you get free cancellation etc. doesnt always work but if its a family , small company then they can make those decisions.

its like the groupon deals. just call them direct and they will give you that price or even less as not paying groupon a big commision

Half a nail in their own coffin imo. Lots of take-aways already switching to their own website and switching just eat off. As soon as JE start to piss off the loyal customer with this charge they’ll lose business from both ends, simply by being greedy greedy bastards.

Half a nail in their own coffin imo. Lots of take-aways already switching to their own website and switching just eat off. As soon as JE start to piss off the loyal customer with this charge they’ll lose business from both ends, simply by being greedy greedy bastards.
Nah. The greedy twats have he market sewn up. Bigger chains will get their own websites but the local Chinese isn’t going to. They are taking advantage and will get away with it. Fair play.

Nah. The greedy twats have he market sewn up. Bigger chains will get their own websites but the local Chinese isn’t going to. They are taking advantage and will get away with it. Fair play.

Both of my local takeaways (one chinese, one pizza) have their own website now. Both accept card. The pizza shop even offers a discount to order through that website, then closed just eat.

If you think about it from a takeaway point of view. You log onto just eat, put in your postcode. And regardless of whether you know where you’re ordering from, are presented with a vast list of alternatives. Couple this with JE taking 14-20% of their already small profit, I don’t think they’ll outlast the next 5 years.

There should be a restaurant and take away alliance for every borough. Owned and operated by the business owners.

Chip in a few quid each and build a website that advertises all of their businesses equally and offers the same service as just eat, the service doesn’t run at a profit and charges a small annual fee for running costs etc. All the takeaways stop using just eat and the likes, job done.

You rarely order a takeaway from anywhere other than where you live.

The businesses need to get smarter and work together to defeat these big boys not embrace the monopolies they create b

Isn't the key thing for Just Eat now the app rather than the website?

Don't understand the hate for Just Eat. Most takeaways have absolutely zero customer service skills and JustEat can bridge the gap with that.

If it means I don't have to speak to someone on the phone when i'm hungover to bits who will inevitably get my order wrong and arse about with coins at the door then so be it.

They also have a system where you can report if the takeaway tries to rip you off for charging more on the app than on their own menu, which is largely a myth anyway in my experience.

I just don't see just eat as a sustainable business model
and I love it, and think it has been brilliant for modern life
I try and use takeaway's with their own app, or call now. I don't like how much they charge the shops

wasn't the 50p as they can't charge you for using credit card now or something/workaround , did they have a charge for using CC, never use em. just ring chpipy up direct only get phone no / open times/menu of site.

They already have the charge, they're just calling it something else.

I have never used Just eat as all the takeaways I use are close by, and my local kebab and pizza takeaway is so pissed off with them that they have started there own website.

They already have the charge, they're just calling it something else.
Aye, exactly, it's the same thing.

A £10 spend would always have cost £10.50. Before they had it under the guise of a card fee, now it's a service fee. They're being just as greedy as they always have been. Don't see why there's any outrage now.

Aye, exactly, it's the same thing.

A £10 spend would always have cost £10.50. Before they had it under the guise of a card fee, now it's a service fee. They're being just as greedy as they always have been. Don't see why there's any outrage now.
I suppose those people who pay cash now pay an extra 50p too which the never had to before.

I don’t use it though.

Back