Just bought a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that mind, I know how to manually do my flash and how to get the best from TTL from only a couple sittings. Flash is a really closed subject in so much as getting it to work - but making it really work and benefit your photography is a life's work for some (Tim Tadder springs to mind).

When I was really into it I nearly bought a Ring Flash to take it to the next level (you could probably benefit from mastering that Andy; the results are excellent)

I kinda regret selling my flash now TBH :-(

I've been toying with the idea tbh for a while... I'm on rashions as far as spending goes now though for the forseeable future... managed to spend £3.5k in 7 days so any extra things are going to have to wait sadly.

I think all aspects of photography are a life's work tbh... it's like playing the guitar in that you think you're good and then someone starts playing beethoven's 5th symphany on a gibson using their teeth whilst spinning upside down on their head and you realise you're still shit compared to other people out there :lol:

I can understand learning manual. It's how I started with my camera. I tend to use TV and AV now but I understand why it's doing what it's doing

I went from the 'sport', 'portrait', 'landscape' straight to manual, although recently Ive taken a little step back/sideways to TV and AV

mackembulldog said:
I went from the 'sport', 'portrait', 'landscape' straight to manual, although recently Ive taken a little step back/sideways to TV and AV

Going to tv or av is not a step back :)

I incorrectly perceived it as such.. wasnt a criticism..:lol:

Right tool for the right job... that's all that matters. As long as you know why you're using it over another setting then you're not taking a step back, in fact it could be argued a step forward.

If you're just being lazy then yeah maybe it would be a step back though ;)

On the rare occasions I use the flash I tend to be fully auto.

For stuff I do for Google I am also fully auto as that is all they trust me with.

For my 360s and indeed any other multi shot panoramas everything is fully manual.

For 99% of everything else I use aperture priority and just tweak the exposure for the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back