Just bought a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajax_andy

5D MK III :-D

Well I've ordered one anyway so hopefully in a few days it should be here.

Looks like I'll be flogging my 40D and the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 if anyone's interested in either?

:lol: saw you tempted on talk photography about the 6D. Think I'll be ordering one on friday.

enjoy :-D

You any good at fitting laminate floors?

Haha I read that thread... lets hope mine doesn't turn up with some nice oak flooring instead of the camera! :lol:

:lol: saw you tempted on talk photography about the 6D. Think I'll be ordering one on friday.

enjoy :-D

Yeah was really tempted but decided in the end to stump up the extra for the better AF system. Don't use centre and recompose and couldn't get enough info on how the outer focal points perform to give me enough confidence in the 6D.

Am sure it's a cracking camera though and judging by some of the pics posted in that thread it's a bit of beast... hope you enjoy it when you've bought it.

I would recommend HDEW for it btw as they give you a valid 1 year Canon warranty and 2 year HDEW one on top... other places like Digital Rev etc aren't valid for Canon warranty repairs

Haha I read that thread... lets hope mine doesn't turn up with some nice oak flooring instead of the camera! :lol:

Yeah was really tempted but decided in the end to stump up the extra for the better AF system. Don't use centre and recompose and couldn't get enough info on how the outer focal points perform to give me enough confidence in the 6D.

Am sure it's a cracking camera though and judging by some of the pics posted in that thread it's a bit of beast... hope you enjoy it when you've bought it.

I would recommend HDEW for it btw as they give you a valid 1 year Canon warranty and 2 year HDEW one on top... other places like Digital Rev etc aren't valid for Canon warranty repairs
yer, for your weddings I'd say the 5D is worth the extra, you simply can't afford to miss shots, for a enthusiast such as myself I can't justify the extra cost. Coming from a 400D with only 9 AF points the 6D will do me.

Ah thats probably why HDEW is £100 more expensive than procamerashop then.

yer, for your weddings I'd say the 5D is worth the extra, you simply can't afford to miss shots, for a enthusiast such as myself I can't justify the extra cost. Coming from a 400D with only 9 AF points the 6D will do me.

Ah thats probably why HDEW is £100 more expensive than procamerashop then.

Yeah that's what swung it for me in the end... It's a fair bit more but then it should last me a very long time and not have me itching to upgrade because of x or y reason. I'm sure the 6D AF works well in low light but when shooting things like weddings just having piece of mind can be a comforting thing.

Yeah that'll be why but it saves sending it back to Hong Kong for any warranty repairs. When I got my 7D from Jessops it developed a fault within the first few months... was really great to just be able to post it to Glasgow and get it back in a few days fully repaired.

:lol:

What sort of money are you wanting for the 40D?

It's got a low shutter count (think sub 10,000), 3 batteries (2 canon, 1 3rd party) and a battery charger but no box.

I'd say £200 collected (from Ryton) or £215 delivered.

Would that appeal?

I've been seriously thinking about the 5d III and was looking at Hdew but the HMRC has put paid to that for the time being, robbing bassas....

Did you get the kit with the 24-105 L lens or just the body only. Every time i've looked on their site the body only is out of stock.

Does anyone know if HDEW have a shop I can walk in and buy from or is it purely Internet?

You still want the 7d the morra marra?

Grats btw Andy. :)

I think I'll leave it marra. Got my heart set on a 6D and don't want to muddy the waters by being impressed by the 7D's AF :lol: but it's a very kind offer

Spare ticket, my mate dropped out today the tit, Craig got his own yesterday!

I've been seriously thinking about the 5d III and was looking at Hdew but the HMRC has put paid to that for the time being, robbing bassas....

Did you get the kit with the 24-105 L lens or just the body only. Every time i've looked on their site the body only is out of stock.

Just the body on it's own.

Think I was quite lucky as rang them on Saturday and asked if they sold it as there wasn't any MK 3's at all on the site... they said they should have some more in today so I spent the whole day refreshing their site until it showed up so probably got in there before everyone else.

No harm in ringing them if you ever want to buy one as they're very helpful and will tell you what date they are expecting a shipment

You still want the 7d the morra marra?

Grats btw Andy. :)

Cheers bud :)

I think I'll leave it marra. Got my heart set on a 6D and don't want to muddy the waters by being impressed by the 7D's AF :lol: but it's a very kind offer

Spare ticket, my mate dropped out today the tit, Craig got his own yesterday!

Ross marra, am gan be honest with ye; you should really really really assess your needs before committing. The gulf in image quality between the 400d and the 7d is massive, absolutely massive. The gulf in image quality between the 7d and the 6d is tiny in comparison. The 7d is a quality camera and you will never ever need 'the next level' (can the 6d even be called that?) after it ,unless you start to professionally produce images, in the same way Andy has done.

One of the things I reflect on when using my kit is the fact I didn't get the 5dII; thank fuck I say! ff and wicked low light would have cost me nigh on £600 more and would have been utterly wasted.

Tog gear is an addiction for the enthusiast, a sick marketing ploy by the manufacturers and it does not need to be like that. I fear you may be wasting your money, far far too soon.

I'll hoy the 7d in the car; tis there if you want it marra :cool: btw, am not selling it any more.. not that it would have appealed to you and your VAT exploits.

oh, is Craig gan with his own pals like? worra bell!

Last edited by a moderator:
For that little bit extra I just think I'd regret not going for it. The IQ is superior to the 7D, especially once you get over ISO400.

Dunno who he's going with tbh mate

For that little bit extra I just think I'd regret not going for it. The IQ is superior to the 7D, especially once you get over ISO400.

Dunno who he's going with tbh mate

Double init?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back