Just bought a guitar....never played a note before, where do I start?

Try and book yourself a gig at a pub/club in town for April. It’s always best to work towards a deadline/goal I find and no doubt the added pressure will spur you on.

as above.....help!!

awaits the funny/sarcastic answers!

Tutor.

As has been said already, if you try to learn by yourself just using YouTube you'll pick up bad habits that will be harder to unlearn further down the line. Better to learn with a tutor that can watch you and correct your bad habits from the start.

Tutor.

As has been said already, if you try to learn by yourself just using YouTube you'll pick up bad habits that will be harder to unlearn further down the line. Better to learn with a tutor that can watch you and correct your bad habits from the start.

I on,y picked up off the best

Merle haggard
George jones

Don't think I'm deeing too bad on that vid minus the vodkas & filthy lyrics ;)

as above.....help!!

awaits the funny/sarcastic answers!

Learn the ‘campfire chords’ which will probably take months... then just learn your favourite bands tunes(long as it’s not owt too technical ha) don’t throw money at tutors and what not, you need to put the time on the fretboard to improve.
When I started I bought nirvana and pink Floyd tab books, thought I was a boss when I could play polly :cool: but took a while before I could play Floyd :lol: but I still play random songs from those books when I’m warming up

Learn the ‘campfire chords’ which will probably take months... then just learn your favourite bands tunes(long as it’s not owt too technical ha) don’t throw money at tutors and what not, you need to put the time on the fretboard to improve.
When I started I bought nirvana and pink Floyd tab books, thought I was a boss when I could play polly :cool: but took a while before I could play Floyd :lol: but I still play random songs from those books when I’m warming up

If your a country ( old school ) like me

G. d A F C

Your bascailly laughing same with early rock n roll

Out else's your just a clever dick ;)

If you don't get a tutor, you're likely to use "lazy" hand positions and bad strumming techniques rather than ones that use your finger muscles and wrists properly. It might be ok for your first few most basic songs but when you try to learn new more complicated songs afterwards you'll struggle much more than if you learned how to do it properly with a tutor in the first place.

Back