Just back from Canada

It's top of the wife's (no) bucket list,but it's not an area I know a lot of, apart from Toronto as I fancy Niagara, but I want it to be her choice, and she just loves the pictures of wilderness, but not a cabin person. With that in mind, best place to stay or travel (train?), best time to go and most important, price, such as best place to book, etc. 2 weeks max.
Thanks.
Theres loads to fit that bill. A lot of Alberta and a lot of BC.

You could fly to Toronto, do Niagara Falls then drive up to either North Bay or up towards Ottawa and have your outdoors cabin type holiday with a private dock and boat.

However if you fancy something less tourist, come to Winnipeg. There’s something like 1 million lakes within a 5 hour drive. There’s a lot of cabins to rent.....nobody comes to Winnipeg :lol:

You could fly to Toronto, do Niagara Falls then drive up to either North Bay or up towards Ottawa and have your outdoors cabin type holiday with a private dock and boat.

However if you fancy something less tourist, come to Winnipeg. There’s something like 1 million lakes within a 5 hour drive. There’s a lot of cabins to rent.....nobody comes to Winnipeg :lol:

What kind of prices are you talking about?

We toured the rockies last year, flew to Vancouver and drove through to Banff, up to Jasper and back down to Vancouver. Stayed in hotels and motels. I would imagine late spring to early Autumn would be best. Driving might be a bit more challenging once it get towards winter. We're in a motorhome this year which may be great or a disaster being in close confines for a fortnight

Expensive?

Last edited:

I went to Canada in 2001 and only come back to the UK for holidays. England seems so very crowded, I'm not sure i could cope being back permanently.

I've lived in Quebec (Montreal), Ontario (Georgetown), Saskatchewan (Saskatoon) and now Alberta (Vegreville). Enjoyed my time everywhere.

Last edited:
What kind of prices are you talking about?

Expensive?
Canada's pretty expensive and there were five of us. Flights were about 700 Manchester to Vancouver, I rented a 4X4 which was about a grand and hotels were about 150 a night because we either had two rooms or two bedroom units. But it was a fantastic holiday so, expensive yes, but also good value in terms of the experience. You can't take it with you marra, might as well make the most of the time you've got.

Back