Just a not quick update from St Mary’s

I’ve spent all this time just writing about me, myself and I. And all I have received is support.

I am aware that we all have our problems in life. I get that mine has been walking a painful tightrope trying to stave off dying. Which I suppose ranks highly on the scale of personal problems. What that has also brought is an appreciation of life. I am closer than ever to my family and friends. I never take anything for granted. I live permanently in perspective.

On the top of everything is my daughter. I am so so close to her that I’m emotional just writing this. My eyes have filled up a bit. But not enough to spill over. Well maybe just a bit. Of course I want to see her grow and that might be taken from me.

But if it wasn’t for this cruel disease that has caused so much pain while bringing out things in me I didn’t know I possessed I would never have lived and be living a life as full as mine is now. Cherish what you have. Your life. Your loved ones. All of it. All of them. Every last drop.

I read a lot on here. I have the time and it’s my safe place where I feel comfortable. I’ve read all of the depression thread. I read the politics forum. I read the match day thread. So yes I’m versed in the doom. The despair. The bitterness. The anger. And sometimes the downright abuse.

I read Pure Football. Obviously. I mean it’s why we’re all here isn’t it. It’s our collective. Them buggers who put that shirt on that draws us together. It should be a place where there are some really great times but with our current predicament and position even there is frankly a bit shit.

But we hang around. Maybe one day there will be another era where we have a team to be proud of that brings that feeling that nothing else can. The euphoria.

I think I’m just trying to say thanks. I’ll be home soon and I think I will just go into the background a bit. I was always more of a reader than a writer. Just know this place has been a vital support for me over the last couple of years.

All the best.
You’re voicing things that at various stages all of us have or will experience @foggy, whilst you’re humble about it, be aware that many others reading your words get a deal of comfort and sometimes just an understanding of what others are going through.

You and your family always have to come first but there will be some out there who never even post who appreciate you putting finger to keyboard to give us a picture of your world. Long may it continue.

Eeeh I'm looking forward to hearing about how mental the pooch goes today :D

I really must wrap up this thread but I couldn’t without saying I had one crazy puppy launch herself at me this afternoon.

There is no welcome on earth like a dog’s welcome. She looked like she was going to burst with excitement and just didn’t know where to put herself.

She was sniffing all over me. I suppose I smell of hospital medication and just chemically. And I’m a bloody skeleton. Our lass lifted me into bed last night as I was struggling a bit to get my legs up. I’ve never been so skinny and had so much muscle wastage. But hey ho. I’m here. I’m happy. I’m even hungry.

And there is the sound of claws clacking on the floor again.

Life is good.

I really must wrap up this thread but I couldn’t without saying I had one crazy puppy launch herself at me this afternoon.

There is no welcome on earth like a dog’s welcome. She looked like she was going to burst with excitement and just didn’t know where to put herself.

That's the bit I wanted to hear most :D

Take time and build yourself up and you'll be back down the park with her before you know it. All my love xx

She was sniffing all over me. I suppose I smell of hospital medication and just chemically. And I’m a bloody skeleton. Our lass lifted me into bed last night as I was struggling a bit to get my legs up. I’ve never been so skinny and had so much muscle wastage. But hey ho. I’m here. I’m happy. I’m even hungry.

Life is good.
Foggy do you want a pair of ankle weights to start building the muscles up. I have got a pair doing nothing but gathering dust.

Foggy do you want a pair of ankle weights to start building the muscles up. I have got a pair doing nothing but gathering dust.

Thanks for the offer I really appreciate it but they’ll probably end up doing the same. I’m going to concentrate on just getting up for now. Then I’m sure the pooch will have me up and out.

I have a bike trainer thingy too so I’ll start slowly and build things up.

Life is good.
Many, many thanks, @foggy, for sharing, with us mere mortals, your many inspirational, illuminating and informative, updates.
Thanks also, for sharing with us, your ever present humour, in the face of adversity, your humility, your unbelievable courage, your sheer, will to win, your battle, your amazing strength of character, your unbreakable resolve, your unshakeable self belief, and your obvious love and devotion for your family.
It''s been a hell of a journey, - a real rollercoaster of emotions, for yourself and us posters, too, and best of all, this particular journey, has finished, with the happy ending we all hoped and prayed, would happen.

A few of your Ma's, Sunday dinners, will soon build you up, and add a few extra inches, to the waistline. 👍

Take care, and very best of luck, for the future, @foggy. 👏

Life is good.

Love my dogs me like.
Sometimes you only pop out for half an hour and they lose their shit when you get home.

But I get home after being away for a night or two, I might get a "Is that you dad?" from the kids in their bedrooms, the dogs though......

Many, many thanks, @foggy, for sharing, with us mere mortals, your many inspirational, illuminating and informative, updates.
Thanks also, for sharing with us, your ever present humour, in the face of adversity, your humility, your unbelievable courage, your sheer, will to win, your battle, your amazing strength of character, your unbreakable resolve, your unshakeable self belief, and your obvious love and devotion for your family.
It''s been a hell of a journey, - a real rollercoaster of emotions, for yourself and us posters, too, and best of all, this particular journey, has finished, with the happy ending we all hoped and prayed, would happen.

A few of your Ma's, Sunday dinners, will soon build you up, and add a few extra inches, to the waistline. 👍

This.... A cracking post marra
This.... A cracking post marra

Last edited:

Life is good.
It's certainly better than wine gums instead of midget gems ... I mean, that really is 'buying midget gems basics' :rolleyes:.

Take care and look after yourself Foggy. Let us know how you're doing from time to time - {man hug} xx

Ooh, I love a happy ending.

can I just add Foggy, if you decide to leave it here, in the nicest possible way I hope thats the last you/we hear of this shitty illness and keep us amused on other matters. 👍🏻

Back