Just a not quick update from St Mary’s

Great that you're back yem. Any ideas on when you'll get to a game? Got your eyes on a match in particular?

I will get there. I probably need a good couple of months to be up and about properly but like last season it's a milestone I aim to achieve. I did quite a few last season before a crippling episode from the last match I got to. The Coventry 4-5. I ended up puking the night away after 'treating' myself to a the Quinny's Bar carvery.

I have just seen a quite emotional GP. One saw me in the waiting room and said ‘Hi!’ with a big wave. I saw a new GP who told me the practice have talked about me and my case. I think there are only 3 GP’s there. They hadn’t received any communication from the hospital yet so there I was to tell her. And review my pain meds which is why I was there in the first place.

Then she got a bit emotional. She was fanning her face and said ‘I’m sorry, people just don’t survive what you have had. It’s a miracle. It really is.’
I was a bit taken aback to be honest. I’ve never seen a doc like this.

I told her about the 3 operations to remove tumours, how the other GP had approved my second opinion referral and a bit about the lead up to this operation . She said ‘You should write about it. All of it.’

I thought. I do.

But only as an anonymous attention seeking bellend alias on a football message board.

And that is all I need.
A living example of “ don’t give up and don’t give an inch “ a mate of mine was once told after an accident that he’d never walk again. His answer and I quote “ aye that’ll be f***ing right “ since then he’s run the London marathon and hiked to matchupitchu.
the power of positive thought should never be underestimated.

I will get there. I probably need a good couple of months to be up and about properly but like last season it's a milestone I aim to achieve. I did quite a few last season before a crippling episode from the last match I got to. The Coventry 4-5. I ended up puking the night away after 'treating' myself to a the Quinny's Bar carvery.
Hello mate, just thinking about you. Not sure if it's because they're talking about cancer on children in need, or because I need a poo (can't be arsed to move tbh, I'm comfy).

How are you getting on?

Hello mate, just thinking about you. Not sure if it's because they're talking about cancer on children in need, or because I need a poo (can't be arsed to move tbh, I'm comfy).

How are you getting on?

I am watching it too. And with a few tears already. I know how hard chemo is and there are little kids on there smiling and getting on with it. Get donating y’all.

I’m getting there but slowly. I ventured out yesterday for a breakfast and a food shop. Top stuff. But I’m paying for it today. I’m eating more but still very thin. I’m off morphine and on tramadol. It’s quite boring being stuck in the house and mostly lying down - it’s still painful to be in the sitting position. All my staples are out but the wound is weeping a bit. So much better than being stuck in hospital though.

With the help of laxatives my digestive system is doing what it should which I still don’t take for granted. I even have some push now. Happy days.

I am watching it too. And with a few tears already. I know how hard chemo is and there are little kids on there smiling and getting on with it. Get donating y’all.

I’m getting there but slowly. I ventured out yesterday for a breakfast and a food shop. Top stuff. But I’m paying for it today. I’m eating more but still very thin. I’m off morphine and on tramadol. It’s quite boring being stuck in the house and mostly lying down - it’s still painful to be in the sitting position. All my staples are out but the wound is weeping a bit. So much better than being stuck in hospital though.

With the help of laxatives my digestive system is doing what it should which I still don’t take for granted. I even have some push now. Happy days.
Steady away @foggy, and you'll eventually get, to where you need to be 👍
I donate to the Countryfile Ramble, which is also a good cause.
I'll see what's left in the bank tomorra, and hoy a few quid in for Children in Need. 👍
Continued good luck, with your healing and recovery, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tramadol inbuilt insanity.

I have just seen a quite emotional GP. One saw me in the waiting room and said ‘Hi!’ with a big wave. I saw a new GP who told me the practice have talked about me and my case. I think there are only 3 GP’s there. They hadn’t received any communication from the hospital yet so there I was to tell her. And review my pain meds which is why I was there in the first place.

Then she got a bit emotional. She was fanning her face and said ‘I’m sorry, people just don’t survive what you have had. It’s a miracle. It really is.’
I was a bit taken aback to be honest. I’ve never seen a doc like this.

I told her about the 3 operations to remove tumours, how the other GP had approved my second opinion referral and a bit about the lead up to this operation . She said ‘You should write about it. All of it.’

I thought. I do.

But only as an anonymous attention seeking bellend alias on a football message board.

And that is all I need.

an anonymous attention seeking bellend ?

you never mentioned getting promoted foggy .....

stop poncing about and get a vindaloo down your neck that'll sort your bowels out ;)

Long road to recovery marra
Baby steps then you’re strength will come back
keep posting
Theres light at the end of the tunnel

Back