Just A Minute... Nicholas Parsons is DNYT

The last of the comedy "straight men". Back in the day he played the "posh bloke" feed for many of the big comics. I always remember him with Arthur Haynes who was quite a gifted comic but who died in 1966 at a comparatively young age.

Parsons still did the feeds for the panellists on Just a Minute. Its hard to think of the show without him he will be missed around the world where it was broadcast. I liked him.

Talking of premonitions, years and years ago This is your Life was just about to begin and I randomly said...I bet it's Nicholas Parsons...and it was.
But strangely enough, our lass said yesterday...Is Nicholas Parsons dead yet? 😳 R.I.P. sir.

Saw Just a Minute recorded live in 2008 and saw Nicholas's Happy Hour Edinburgh show a few years later. Hilarious stuff and an absolute gent with all of the guests and with us in the audience.

At the JAM recording the lady in front of me collapsed and I had to move onto the stage out of her way and stand between him and Paul Merton (obviously didn't speak as inappropriate).

Back