Just 5 years ago, a sensational win at the SoL Vs Chelsea

Missed that game as my dad had an awful accident near the bridge walking on the way to the match. Thankfully he's still with us, is still a mlf and like the rest of the family has renewed for next season. Hard to believe that it's 5 years ago. Thankfully the memories of it have dimmed somewhat.

Missed that game as my dad had an awful accident near the bridge walking on the way to the match. Thankfully he's still with us, is still a mlf and like the rest of the family has renewed for next season. Hard to believe that it's 5 years ago. Thankfully the memories of it have dimmed somewhat.
Bloody hell, sounds awful. You won't forget that day then. Glad he's ok.

I blame that match for costing me a promotion.

I was invited to Silverstone for a 2 day management interview. There was a few of us all kinda competing for positions on a company expansion.
It was a free bar....... while sunderland beat Chelsea on the tv..... I’m sure it was a set up. I was the only one left at the bar at 4am.
I got fucked up, half arsed my presentation and delivered it still drunk.

I blame that match for costing me a promotion.

I was invited to Silverstone for a 2 day management interview. There was a few of us all kinda competing for positions on a company expansion.
It was a free bar....... while sunderland beat Chelsea on the tv..... I’m sure it was a set up. I was the only one left at the bar at 4am.
I got fucked up, half arsed my presentation and delivered it still drunk.
Oooops :lol:

what a day that was the atmosphere was something else i remember the noise when defoe scored loudest ive heard the stadium for a long time a remember all the stands up singing that day was surreal a remember walking over the bridge expecting to win and generally thinking we would win

The skunks must have been gutted. Wud have had it down as away banker :lol:
One of the absolute best days at the SoL.

Leaving the ground that day, I never would’ve thought we’d fall so far so quickly.
Who would mate ?
Good old England fkg up in a tournament again:rolleyes::cry:

Last edited:
Christ. 5 or 50? What a game to see even overseas wishing I was there.
Terrible that. Happy he's OK. Here's hoping he enjoys a good season to come.

One of the absolute best days at the SoL.

Leaving the ground that day, I never would’ve thought we’d fall so far so quickly.

i thought that was it for relegation struggles - Big Sam next year would have us in the top half. Basically twicky woys boys have a lot to answer for. Sat on me holidays in Spain watching us lose to Iceland who would have thought the impact that was about to have on Sunderland. England poaching sunderlands manager 🙈 unbelievable

Back