Just 100 days left to spend paper £20 and £50 notes

Big Jeff

Winger
The days of spending paper banknotes in the shops are numbered: 100 days, to be exact - so start hunting at home.

Remaining paper £20 or £50 notes should be spent or deposited by the end of September, the Bank of England said.

An estimated 163 million paper £50 banknotes and about 314 million £20 paper notes were still in circulation, the Bank said.
These notes are being replaced with plastic versions, just like the £5 and £10 note, which are more durable.

Perhaps the plastic ones are better for a swift delivery of the old Peruvian Marching Powder
Hope you’ve got a big bag Jeffers ?
I have a roll of garden bin bags that you are more than welcome to fill with your vast royalty payments.

14 starving bairns and 2 emaciated dogs eagerly await your generous contribution.

God bless you sir.

Last edited:
Perhaps the plastic ones are better for a swift delivery of the old Peruvian Marching Powder

I have a roll of garden bin bags that you are more than welcome to fill with your vast royalty payments.

14 starving bairns and 2 emaciated dogs eagerly await your generous contribution.

God bless you sir.
😂😂

Just threw the ladders away from what I thought was a high-rise bed.
Turns out it was stuffed with £50 and £20 paper notes and is now just a normal low-down bed.
Bunk ladders for sale for a plastic £5 note. ;)

Got a couple of paper £50s Ill need to get rid of. Never take them out cos a lot of places don't want to accept them.
A few years ago I was selling a guitar and the lad who was coming to buy it told me he was bringing 50 quid notes. I had to go to the bank and get one so I knew what to compare them to.

I had never seen one.

A few years ago I was selling a guitar and the lad who was coming to buy it told me he was bringing 50 quid notes. I had to go to the bank and get one so I knew what to compare them to.

I had never seen one.
Me father in law brings them over. Gets them from banks in Ireland. Before that I'd only ever had one and took ages to get somewhere to accept it.

It's odd that few places accept £50's given their current value must be similar to £20, 30 odd years ago. But 30 odd years ago, £20's were quite common & readily accepted.

Mind with electronic payments these days, it pretty much renders high value notes pointless

Back