Jury service

Status
Not open for further replies.

scattermole89

Full Back
Any one done it?
I'm on it from Monday for 2 weeks at Durham
Where's the best to park? I very rarely go to Durham so have no idea even where the courts are

I was down for it, but for economic reasons managed to duck out of it...

Any one done it?
I'm on it from Monday for 2 weeks at Durham
Where's the best to park? I very rarely go to Durham so have no idea even where the courts are
Can't help you with parking but take a book as you'll be sitting around doing fuck all for the best part of the two weeks.

Don't do what I did and prepare yourself by watching Twelve Angry Men expecting to be able to change the course of a case like a pure hero.

Easier than going to work. I did it. 2 weeks full pay plus travel and food expenses everyday. I ended up making money. Think you got £5 a day on a card to use in the canteen but what you didn't use you got back at the end. I also claimed mileage and parking back. This was back in 2007.

Most days you don't go in until 10ish and adjourn 2-3, some days we just got sent home.

I'd do it again.

Easier than going to work. I did it. 2 weeks full pay plus travel and food expenses everyday. I ended up making money. Think you got £5 a day on a card to use in the canteen but what you didn't use you got back at the end. I also claimed mileage and parking back. This was back in 2007.

Most days you don't go in until 10ish and adjourn 2-3, some days we just got sent home.

I'd do it again.
Wonder if I could do it full-time?

Park and ride
Prepared to be bored out of your mind. Take tablet or kindle etc.most people lost money as expenses didnt pay for wages lost etc
Oh aye.hang the feckers

Did it at the Old Bailey for two weeks during Wimbledon.

Didn't sit on any cases and just watched the tennis. If you don't get called it's boring as hell.

It's grim and I hope I never have to do it again.

They should offer jurors f***ing councilling after it.

I had a child abuse case which left me horrified for weeks some of the stuff I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back