Jupiter and moons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3NA

Midfield
Nothing exciting. Just having a play with my Sigma 120-400 lens and 2 x converter. Had trouble focusing but that was due to my tripod being on the carpet at the top of the stairs. At 800mm the gear does't half wobble about. A bit of trailing also, need to get a tracking mount. Like I said nothing spectacular. Was just messing about to see what I could get.

Logon or register to see this image

That's pretty cool.

The best I have ever seen Jupiter was through an expensive telescope and it looked about that size but was vaguely stripey and there were no moons in view.

That's pretty cool.

The best I have ever seen Jupiter was through an expensive telescope and it looked about that size but was vaguely stripey and there were no moons in view.

He's underexposed the light fitting at the top of the stairs. Then shopped it

That's pretty cool.

From what I've been reading if you expose to show the colour of the planet you lose the moons and if you expose for the moons you lose the detail in the planet.[DOUBLEPOST=1389644774][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I massively increase the curves I can see your NUFC curtains
:eek::eek::evil: Blasphemy !!!!!!!!

Just taken with my 400mm lens with a 2x converter attached to give me 800mm and my canon dslr camera. No telescope. There's a bit of trailing due to the length of the exposure. Need a tracking mount to eliminate this instead of an ordinary mount.

Just taken with my 400mm lens with a 2x converter attached to give me 800mm and my canon dslr camera. No telescope. There's a bit of trailing due to the length of the exposure. Need a tracking mount to eliminate this instead of an ordinary mount.

There's one for sale on talk photography but looks pricey

Thanks Ross. Just had look and he's selling the wedge mount also which i don't need as i have a geared head. He is asking a lot mind. I will keep an eye on it.

Wife got me a fairly good telescope for Christmas, interested in taking photo of stars & planets with it. Tried taking a photo last week of Jupiter using my IPad attached to my telescope, didn't turn out exactly like I wanted...

Anybody recommend a decent DSLR camera for around £200-£250 that I can use for attaching to a telescope (I have the T-lens for attaching cameras to a telescope)

Wife got me a fairly good telescope for Christmas, interested in taking photo of stars & planets with it. Tried taking a photo last week of Jupiter using my IPad attached to my telescope, didn't turn out exactly like I wanted...

Anybody recommend a decent DSLR camera for around £200-£250 that I can use for attaching to a telescope (I have the T-lens for attaching cameras to a telescope)

What size of scope is that? Id say that's a pretty good result for attaching an ipad to it!

Does it have a motorised eq mount for tracking ??

Yeah but haven't used the motor yet, been using it manually until I get used to using the various lenses and filters, but it would help if weather was on my side! Took a lot of time and patience to take a photo with an Ipad, very fiddly keeping still on the lens then having to focus at the same time.

I was lucky enough to see Jupiter and her four moons from one of the mountain side telescopes in Chile (where they have the clearest skies in the world). It was one of the most perfect things I have ever seen. But even with a fabulous telescope and clear sky Jupiter came up a little smaller than examples on here. :confused: (Non scientist question from me - is it because telescopes work differently from camera lenses?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back