Junior cricket this summer

What’s the chances of kids playing cricket this summer?

Has the government or ECB released any guidelines? I’ve seen some football and today rugby, but nothing for cricket.

My lad (10) has trained since last summer ended to play his first full season and is devastated he can’t play. He was even told he would open the batting a year up so he is even more gutted as the lads he plays with will move up a year next season whereas he will stay with the current age group.

What’s the chances of kids playing cricket this summer?

Has the government or ECB released any guidelines? I’ve seen some football and today rugby, but nothing for cricket.

My lad (10) has trained since last summer ended to play his first full season and is devastated he can’t play. He was even told he would open the batting a year up so he is even more gutted as the lads he plays with will move up a year next season whereas he will stay with the current age group.

The ECB statements hint that juniors will get priority. I hear that junior systems are trying for a mid July start if there’s no second wave.

Last edited:
The ECB statements hint that juniors will get priority. I hear that leagues are trying for a mid July start if there’s no second wave.

Hope so. My view (as someone who has never ever played the game) is that it’s a naturally socially distant game. Plus if the kids can go back to school why can’t they play cricket. It’s not like the parents can’t socially distance around the perimeter either ?!?
Fingers crossed for July!

Back