June Challenge -Bokeh - Entries ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting early as I'm about to celebrate a big birthday and have family in from the UK

The theme for June is Bokeh.

I thought long and hard about this, thinking maybe that only those with an SLR could do it, but I've shot some pretty good stuff with a point and shoot this month that shows that anyone who has a camera with a macro setting can do this - it's meant to stretch us a bit after all. I guess an alternative theme is Depth of field control.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of June

Happy shooting

Last edited:

picture.php

Wasp and Allium

Sigma 50mm DG Macro
1/2500 sec
f 2.8
iso 1600

picture.php

Mamiya 645
Fuji Velvia 50
Natural light

A re-hash of a shot I did years ago on 35mm that I needed to redo anyway. The 35mm slide don't scan too well these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Logon or register to see this image

Bokeh by Graeme Elliott Photography

EXIF
Nikkor 35mm 1.8G
ISO: 100
35mm
0EV
f1.8
1/40

I had high hopes for this idea but I feel this is poorly executed in comparison to my inspiration on flickr.

There are some great light bokeh on flickr but couldn't get nowhere near the effect i wanted with the candle light. Maybe i would have been better of using my tamron 70-300 but its not as fast and i'm having troubles with the sharpness of that lens.

Good theme though, and its def a technique i enjoy trying to achieve!

Anyone who has looked at my 500px would have seen this already, far too busy at work to get anything else and away on holiday on saturday. Taken at Craster, beginning of the month. 1/250th at f5.6

Hmm. I'm disappointed I haven't got anything better to include, but haven't had enough time this month. I love bokeh - but haven't got much to show for it.

Anyway, I dug out my Nikon FM2 a couple of weeks ago which I hadn't used for a while and noticed it had some Fuji Neopan 1600 B&W film in it - so thought I'd try and capture some grainy bokeh and see what it looked like. The experiments didn't work out that well, but here's my entry, an abstract. It's basically of a piece of shattered glass (window of a bus shelter) with sunlight shining through, with the points of light out of focus to make grainy little heptagons showing the shape of the lens diaphragm. The lens is a Nikkor 20mm f/4 (7 bladed diaphragm). This would have looked better in colour for sure. My job is to make up the numbers this month!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back