June Challenge -Bokeh - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prolly gonna be a no show from me too I am in the netherlands on business and just do not have the time

Having said that it is my birthday on the 2nd then heading home so I may get the chance to do the other challenge of the second of July thingy

I was looking forward to bokeh too I love DOF

Oh well never mind good luck to hose who enter even those who have gripes they cant so it ;) sounds like an excuse to me lol

A little tip for the point and click amateurs like myself,

It's difficult to do especially if your camera viewing screen is tiny but in order to get my shot I focused with the image in the centre then half click to get the focus square to turn green (like a few of the guys above have said). Now if you move the central focus area off-centre my camera auto re-focuses on the new central subject and that's it fuct but if you move it ever so slightly so that you get to the point just before it refocuses, with a bit of practice, a bit of luck and a high volume of shots (30+) of the same subject you may find that you get one that catches it just right.

Is there any way of uploading a photo via flickr to the competition thread? I've been moving house and stuff so I didn't get a chance to get the entry I wanted but I really want to put something in. I'm off to sunny Sunderland today for my holidays so I'm on my ipad and can't/don't-know-how-to upload the photo from here. Cheers.

after a bit humming and harring and seeing what other's had been entered i decided to go with the one i just posted as i think its a bit different from seeing lights blurred and flowers, saying that i took a few of flowers/plants and some involving lights in the background, i'll post some rejects up later.

Well posted my entry about 8 hours ago and just checked and it wasn't there:eek: Any way, considering all the flowers i changed my mind and put a different one in instead!
This was my original choice that didn't post for some reason!
Logon or register to see this image

For me, I think you picked badly. I would have either used the bottom plant one or the kid on the trampoline. At least the rest if the entrants have a chance now!!!!

Hi Taipeisafc (or anyone else) do you think i made the right choice - or are they both equally bad lol! I always spend ages trying to choose my best pic but am never sure if i have got it right :confused:

Hi Taipeisafc (or anyone else) do you think i made the right choice - or are they both equally bad lol! I always spend ages trying to choose my best pic but am never sure if i have got it right :confused:

I prefer the one you didn't enter, the one you entered seems a little sparse for me whereas the bigger flower in the one you didn't enter is, to me, a better composition. But I never vote for the winner anyway........

I prefer the one you didn't enter, the one you entered seems a little sparse for me whereas the bigger flower in the one you didn't enter is, to me, a better composition. But I never vote for the winner anyway........

Doh :lol: - that was my first choice, but then thought it a bit too obvious and that my 2nd choice had more interesting bokeh.

I'm going to try and shoot a sneaky effort tonight and see if I can get it in there before the wardens shut it down.

In your face, The Man.

Just chucked one in to make up the numbers. Never had time to get out and about. Would have liked to have done a night city scene or something along them lines.

Just chucked one in to make up the numbers. Never had time to get out and about. Would have liked to have done a night city scene or something along them lines.

Great minds - that was one of my ideas as well - there is a place near me where there are about 20 sets of traffic lights all visible from one spot that i thought would have made a good night pic - just didn't have the time :-(

Token entry in.

Wanted to do a night city scene too. Wrong time of year I suppose, it'd mean lurking around town at 11pm to get the shot I want.

This topic made me rediscover my nifty 50, so I might try that shot yet.

Token entry in.

Wanted to do a night city scene too. Wrong time of year I suppose, it'd mean lurking around town at 11pm to get the shot I want.

Nice photo mate - great composition and very understated wish my token entires were as good.

Token entry in.

If I was only allowed one lens for my Nikons, it would probably be the 50 - such a versatile tool. I think it's a real shame that most SLRs are supplied with a zoom these days, good as they are.

The Great Soprendo said:
If I was only allowed one lens for my Nikons, it would probably be the 50 - such a versatile tool. I think it's a real shame that most SLRs are supplied with a zoom these days, good as they are.

Aye, it's all I use on my film SLR, always impressed with the results when I stick it on the front of the DSLR. It's only the cheapo E Series anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back