June Challenge -Bokeh - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. Like Roker, or bouquet? I'm sticking with "boker" for now. If anyone can get bokeh of Roker in their photo it might just swing a vote.
I took one that maybe suitable when out with Clyde the other night. Will see what its like when scanned... :lol::lol:

I think tripleprint/doubleprint have lost my film :evil:

I sent a film off (June4th) with some bokeh experiments on it to see if I had mastered the skill. So until the film comes back I am none the wiser. Now getting to the stage that even if it does come back, I'm not going to have time to enter a shot. Ah well it was fun trying. :)

I think tripleprint/doubleprint have lost my film :evil:

I sent a film off (June4th) with some bokeh experiments on it to see if I had mastered the skill. So until the film comes back I am none the wiser. Now getting to the stage that even if it does come back, I'm not going to have time to enter a shot. Ah well it was fun trying. :)

Photographic equivalent of sticking your knob in a mincer and hoping someone doesn't turn the handle

Not that you have a knob to mince.

Is there not a lab you can take it to?

Well as usual i have little or no clue what is going on, had fun taking photos of fairy lights as a start tho, trying out different shapes over the lens to get different Bokeh.

Nothing i will consider entering because quite frankly most just look like blurred out shots of fairy lights but i've been having fun all the same and i'm learning all the time.

Well as usual i have little or no clue what is going on, had fun taking photos of fairy lights as a start tho, trying out different shapes over the lens to get different Bokeh.

Nothing i will consider entering because quite frankly most just look like blurred out shots of fairy lights but i've been having fun all the same and i'm learning all the time.
My photographs are now back, I took 2 photographs with a 50mm and two with a 70-200 zoom. I think each has one or two bokeh. The 50mm lens wins for bokeh. So now I have to hope for some sun (hopefully this Saturday), an idea and a fast turn around for a film. Will probably try a shop rather than bonus/double/triple print. Am determined to enter though.

I got my daughter's 18th birthday photographs back, forgot I had done some film ones too, but on a worse note, the film seem fogged, not sure if it was out of date, something wrong with the camera or bonus?print were rubbish.

My photographs are now back, I took 2 photographs with a 50mm and two with a 70-200 zoom. I think each has one or two bokeh. The 50mm lens wins for bokeh. So now I have to hope for some sun (hopefully this Saturday), an idea and a fast turn around for a film. Will probably try a shop rather than bonus/double/triple print. Am determined to enter though.

I got my daughter's 18th birthday photographs back, forgot I had done some film ones too, but on a worse note, the film seem fogged, not sure if it was out of date, something wrong with the camera or bonus?print were rubbish.

Probably nothing to do with the film even if out of date, unless it has been through an x-ray machine. More likely to be a light leak on the camera (if it's old and the seals have deteriorated). Less likely to be Bonusprint (though I wouldn't put it past them).

Probably nothing to do with the film even if out of date, unless it has been through an x-ray machine. More likely to be a light leak on the camera (if it's old and the seals have deteriorated). Less likely to be Bonusprint (though I wouldn't put it past them).
Thanks GS. The camera is old, so maybe it needs repairing? Can seals be repaired? Or is it time to invest in a new camera? I do like my old film camera but I like digital too in a totally different way (so not sure what to save up for)

I will change my word from "foggy" to each picture looks "pale and overexposed" Would this indicate the same problem do you think?

Thanks GS. The camera is old, so maybe it needs repairing? Can seals be repaired? Or is it time to invest in a new camera? I do like my old film camera but I like digital too in a totally different way (so not sure what to save up for)

I will change my word from "foggy" to each picture looks "pale and overexposed" Would this indicate the same problem do you think?

Light leak, unless the processor has knackered them. 90% chance the former

Ok, off to find a camera menders then I hope. Thanks.

So much incredibly cheap film gear on ebay, is it worth the bother?

But if so, Dave Boyle, Camera Repair Workshop, Bletchly, MK. Just charges an hourly rate, great guy

Hmmmm....

Give him a ring and ask

http://www.camerarepairworkshop.co.uk/

Light leaks can range from a 30 second job to basket case as you can imagine

I don't think I'd risk posting the camera.

I've uploaded two pictures to see if anyone has an opinion on the quality of the end result (not the actual picture).
Logon or register to see this image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this one from the same film :-

(doesn't seem quite so bad, though the grass is a bit pale.)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/image9dc.jpg/ Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Maybe related to the aperture diaphram if it varies from shot to shot

Or just that the film was in the exposed position for longer

Light seals are pretty easy, you can buy precut seal kits on Ebay to make it even easier if you like. I did the seals on my Mamiya 645 and it took about 2-3 hours and was pretty easy to be honest - seems to have made a big difference too.

Light seals are pretty easy, you can buy precut seal kits on Ebay to make it even easier if you like. I did the seals on my Mamiya 645 and it took about 2-3 hours and was pretty easy to be honest - seems to have made a big difference too.

What he said - I've changed the seals on a few of mine - it's a pretty easy job (not 2-3 hours, mind, more like 30 mins on the ones I have done: Nikon FE, FM2 and Olympus Trip). I'd say you don't have to be hugely technical to do it, just reasonably careful and patient.

The kits cost about £5 on ebay, usually including instructions, tools and mirror damper foam too (for an SLR).

What camera is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back