June 3rd live footy on tv

Broadly speaking, they can't, unless they pay themselves enormous salaries or dividends. Also, if they did that, the club would go bust, and they'd lose all of their investment, and the loan they got (they, not the club, note) from FPP would be immediately payable. In short, it would cost them way more than they'd make. There are different arguments around the £20m; the balance arose because the deal was badly drafted on the basis of woefully incorrect assumptions. It's a long and sad story which I;ve gone over way too many times, but basically Short didn't pay off all the debt. He simply moved the last £25m of the SBC loan into Drmaville on the understanding it would be paid with part of the parachute payment. The path needed created that balance, which could be argued came into being because club money had been used to pay off the club debt.
Cheers Grumps,
All the best to H & T & yersel of course

Broadly speaking, they can't, unless they pay themselves enormous salaries or dividends. Also, if they did that, the club would go bust, and they'd lose all of their investment, and the loan they got (they, not the club, note) from FPP would be immediately payable. In short, it would cost them way more than they'd make. There are different arguments around the £20m; the balance arose because the deal was badly drafted on the basis of woefully incorrect assumptions. It's a long and sad story which I;ve gone over way too many times, but basically Short didn't pay off all the debt. He simply moved the last £25m of the SBC loan into Drmaville on the understanding it would be paid with part of the parachute payment. The path needed created that balance, which could be argued came into being because club money had been used to pay off the club debt.

Thank you for that, that makes sense. Flipping heck what a mess.
Well I ain’t putting no more in after that

Forgot to say morrrrrrrninggggggggg! My manners are all over the place, sorry arl ower the place (or something like that). ;)

Last edited:
Morning marra

Hope not that girly drink dark fruit cider I can sup,that till the cows come home & still sober
Just realised it’s World Cider Day!!

Back