June 21st

Hard to argue against that.

Deal in facts then - we only know how many people HAVE immunity - not who we think have it.

We have over 4.5 million positive tests so far why do they need vaccinating?

Other types of coronaviruses appear to trigger some immunity. Studies show that people are protected against the coronaviruses that cause the common cold for up to a year after an infection. And our bodies have antibodies against the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) for up to 4 years.

People seem to be misunderstanding what exponential growth is and when it occurs.

It's not when 6000 cases starts becoming 8000 cases in a couple of days.

It happens much much earlier.

People should have been concerned when 1000 cases become 1200 cases. If not earlier than that.
BUT WHY R THE MEDIA SHOWING PERCENTAGES WHEN THE NUMBERS ARE SOS LOW? THEY WANT THIS TO GO ON FOREVER DONT THEY?
WHJITTY ANDF VALLANCE ARE LOVING ITY

We have over 4.5 million positive tests so far why do they need vaccinating?
Vaccines give a larger immune response with a measured dose.
A positive test is a positive test, it's yes or no if the RNA of the virus is present. It tells you nothing about the level of infection and the level of immune response. The vaccines induce a larger response, cutting the chances of severe illness further, in addition to reducing the transmission risk also.
Many people have tested positive multiple times.
plus loads more

Why did you ask me to name names? what on earth does it have to do with me saying 'I am not a virologist'?

I have already told you I don't know any virologists and now you are asking me to name them?!

I am not a virologist and I don't know any virologists. Not sure how many times I have to say that for it to satisfy you

You mentioned Twitter in your original post, I should've really left things there in fairness.
Vaccines give a larger immune response with a measured dose.
A positive test is a positive test, it's yes or no if the RNA of the virus is present. It tells you nothing about the level of infection and the level of immune response. The vaccines induce a larger response, cutting the chances of severe illness further, in addition to reducing the transmission risk also.
Many people have tested positive multiple times.
plus loads more
You can still test positive with the vaccine.
You can still get ill and hospitalised with the vaccine, albeit minimal so far.
These figures are not fixed though, the more you vaccinate the more we will see how the larger public respond.
It's not a magic wand.

Last edited:
You can still test positive with the vaccine.
You can still get ill and hospitalised with the vaccine, albeit minimal so far.
These figures are not fixed though, the more you vaccinate the more we will see how the larger public respond.
It's not a magic wand.
I agree, not sure how any of the detracts from the drive to vaccinate people with prior infections though.
There might be a case of skipping second doses of those with prior infection to speed things up, (probably by 10 days or so) but the same points remain about lack of certainty about natural immune responses and positive tests.

Safety.

Just because you've had flu once doesn't guarantee any level of immunity.
The study said the Pfizer vaccine was 88% effective against the B.1.617.2 variant, first found in India, 2 weeks after the second dose. The Pfizer vaccine was 93% effective against the variant found in the U.K., known as B.1.1.7, two weeks after the second dose.

Two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were 60% effective against the B.1.617.2 variant and 66% effective against B.1.1.7, the study said.
How many have been vaccinated with the AstraZeneca jab?

They should never have mentioned a date, even if it was stated as no earlier than. It should have been we will open up once X amount are fully vaccinated.
They never ever seem to state what “x” is though. Whether it be case numbers, vaccinations, hospitalisations etc etc.

Why is it you think that should be left to the side? The NHS have done an outstanding job in getting jabs out, the population has responded in kind with huge levels of take up to get us out of this mess and still we are left to continue on with apps and distancing because the PM didn’t want to tell Modi no.

He is an absolute disgrace, that’s the reason we are in this position.
That is true, but we are in this position, so what is the best thing to do about it?

That is true, but we are in this position, so what is the best thing to do about it?

I’d have a lot more respect for the PM if he held his hands up and admitted his mistake has caused this to be extended further.

It wouldn’t change the situation but it would show he’s capable of admitting fault.

Back