June 21st

Depends what you mean by "normality". Once every adult is vaccinated there will be no basis for keeping the main restrictions in place.
Everything other than international travel going back to the way it was pre-COVID is what I'd hope for within the next month. Fully agree that there's no basis for keeping the main restrictions in place thanks to the vaccination rollout but unfortunately I reckon that Stage 3 is as good as it will get for us until at least next Easter.

On the news now - Indian variant 60% more transmissible and more resistant to vaccines. Great.

Some really positive news coming out of Bolton with their cases now coming down. Think lifting of restrictions will be put back 2- 4 weeks. Just give them a bit more time to get more of the adult population vaccinated and ensure lifting of restrictions won't be too damaging. I think it'd be the right thing to do tbh.

Some really positive news coming out of Bolton with their cases now coming down. Think lifting of restrictions will be put back 2- 4 weeks. Just give them a bit more time to get more of the adult population vaccinated and ensure lifting of restrictions won't be too damaging. I think it'd be the right thing to do tbh.

i bet if you owned a business in the hospitality or tourism sector you wouldn't think its the right thing to do just give them 'a bit more time' to get more people vaccinated. that argument could be used again when those 3-4 weeks are up

i bet if you owned a business in the hospitality or tourism sector you wouldn't think its the right thing to do just give them 'a bit more time' to get more people vaccinated. that argument could be used again when those 3-4 weeks are up
Indeed. Were at numbers now where the vulnerable have been offered this. We have a huge number of fully and partially vaccinated people. Those in the age groups at risk who have declined the vaccine - well, fuck them. The young don't need it but are mostly taking it up anyway.

If we don't do it now I fear we never will. There's always going to be something.

Vowed to stay off here but couldn’t resist, all the naive people who genuinely think a ‘extension of 2 weeks/3 weeks/4 weeks’ would indeed be an extension for that period 😂😂 remember when it was 3 weeks to flatten the curve, sixteen months later .... if this doesn’t end on June 21st it never will. The data will look no better in 3-4 weeks than it does now, there’ll constantly be an appetite to ‘just wait a few more weeks’ as for months more and more groupings eligible for second dose, and whilst as you move down the age groups the chances of hospitalisation and death are lower, there’ll constantly be a ‘but prolonging it will save lives’ etc. it’ll never end. Look forward to returning in a few weeks when I’m proved right.

Well isn't that just swell. Canny amount of quotes in that article.

To be fair, they've gone through the report and picked out the most negative aspects they can find. There's some evidence in the report that transmissibility could be around 40% - it still seems like it's up in the air.

As one of the authors pointed out, at this point into the B117/Kent outbreak was basically all over the country. This current outbreak is being fuelled by a small group of areas with a lot of cases. It makes me wonder if this pattern will continue, and if we'll see a return to our excellent tier system.

I reckon we're heading for a delay, but still some positive signs for a July re-opening possibly.

What exactly is it everyone is waiting for?

It’s summer and 25 degrees outside. You can go anywhere in lovely summer sun, pubs, restaurants etc…. With up to 30 people. All shops are open, schools are, recreation and events are.

I thought even after the 21st masks were still advised and big crowds limited.

So apart from symbolic what restriction is everyone so desperate to remove on the 21st that can’t last a couple more weeks…

What exactly is it everyone is waiting for?

It’s summer and 25 degrees outside. You can go anywhere in lovely summer sun, pubs, restaurants etc…. With up to 30 people. All shops are open, schools are, recreation and events are.

I thought even after the 21st masks were still advised and big crowds limited.

So apart from symbolic what restriction is everyone so desperate to remove on the 21st that can’t last a couple more weeks…
This is a football forum... there is a massive clue for starters.

Vowed to stay off here but couldn’t resist, all the naive people who genuinely think a ‘extension of 2 weeks/3 weeks/4 weeks’ would indeed be an extension for that period 😂😂 remember when it was 3 weeks to flatten the curve, sixteen months later .... if this doesn’t end on June 21st it never will. The data will look no better in 3-4 weeks than it does now, there’ll constantly be an appetite to ‘just wait a few more weeks’ as for months more and more groupings eligible for second dose, and whilst as you move down the age groups the chances of hospitalisation and death are lower, there’ll constantly be a ‘but prolonging it will save lives’ etc. it’ll never end. Look forward to returning in a few weeks when I’m proved right.

I'm sure people thought the Spanish flu would never end as well. The curve dis get flattened and we opened back up, it came back.

I'm sure people think that viruses are totally predictable and what gets said is set in stone.

There is always going to be an element of scientists making predictions and things changing, that's just the way it goes.

That being said I would like to see it opened up further but of course I'm not really at risk, I don't work on any front line or in hospital so easy for me to say.

Last edited:

Back