JUNE 2014 theme - OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
As most of you already know, I'm keeping an eye on the monthly photo comp; taking over from the sterling work that @peachbum did.

In a bid to encourage fresher faces to enter and make the competition as accessible to all people with an interest in photography we're going to have an open month.

I'd like entrants to write a small caption to accompany their entry explaining what they tried to achieve, how they envisioned the shot and what they would or wouldn't change about it. When the time comes I'd like people to vote on how close they feel the picture is to the intended shot and most importantly, how visually appealing it is.

The vast majority of us are keen amateurs and as such I want us to have an open community where sound advice is exchanged and constructive criticism can help improve our skills.

I'd be very grateful if you can help support the competition and help us get back to 10+ entries with lots of diversity. Doesn't matter if its taken on a camera phone or a medium format! Most of all, lets get the fun back into the board.

Usual rules apply, 1 entry into the gallery which I'll open shortly. Taken any time from the 1st to the 30th of the month.

Happy shooting everyone

The gallery is now open.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/gallery/albums/june-2014-photography-competition-open-theme.470/

Last edited:

What's going on?

Oh, I suppose I'd better get out with some cameras again.

Are we allowed to shoot nudes?

You can shoot them and send the photos to me, but you can't upload them here. Actually hang on, you are in Texas aren't you? You do mean take photos of them?

@Roger @RTGAdmin

having issues with uploading to the gallery. Uploading to 90% then stalling.

No errors logged anywhere that I can see. Can you email me the photo that is causing the problem so I can try? ( roger at readytogo dot net)

You can shoot them and send the photos to me, but you can't upload them here. Actually hang on, you are in Texas aren't you? You do mean take photos of them?

No errors logged anywhere that I can see. Can you email me the photo that is causing the problem so I can try? ( roger at readytogo dot net)
Yep give me ten min

Entries are now closed, thanks to all those who entered.

I'll set up the voting thread soon. @tripper hasn't come back to me with July's theme so I'll pick one myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back