JUNE 2013 CHALLENGE: recreation - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KG knows how to do that!:lol: He enters the photo comp regularly!

We can put our own photos on here it is our choice, but for the purpose of this month's competition he wants us to link our photograph to the one we are emulating rather than posting both as initially asked.

Well put!

A suggestion from AB22 EasyTiger this month.

Re-create a photograph of your choice, taken by someone else, in your own style. Post both.

Have fun photographers (and please keep photoshopping etc to a minimum this month for this theme - thanks!)

Do I get disqualified if I recreate an Elena?

Anyone thinking of getting a shot then retrofitting it to summat else ? ;)

Can I recreate my own stuff ? ;)

I found a photo for this month in a Photobook I have called Century which has some of the most iconic (and some very grim) photos of the 20th Century, re-created it thinking i'll just find it & post the link when I enter it

Cant find it anywhere! it's one of a series of very simlar shots but I just can't track it down

I might have to choose one of the others and start again:lol:

I found a photo for this month in a Photobook I have called Century which has some of the most iconic (and some very grim) photos of the 20th Century, re-created it thinking i'll just find it & post the link when I enter it

Cant find it anywhere! it's one of a series of very simlar shots but I just can't track it down

I might have to choose one of the others and start again:lol:

Post a photo of the open page of the book.

Surely that'd have the same copyright issues as just inserting the image from an online source?

Possibly, it just has more of a feel for respect for the guys work, and you are advertising a book too

Possibly, it just has more of a feel for respect for the guys work, and you are advertising a book too
Most books have a statement indicating that no part of the book is to be reproduced in any shape or form. For Roger's sake I think we shouldn't post pages from books. At least photos on google images are sort of in the public domain.

Most books have a statement indicating that no part of the book is to be reproduced in any shape or form. For Roger's sake I think we shouldn't post pages from books. At least photos on google images are sort of in the public domain.

90% illegally :)

I just know what I'd rather have floating around the web

I'm afraid I'm out this month.

Being a newcomer, I don't possess the requisite knowledge to know which photographers I like, or to even possess a style of my own in which to try and recreate one of their works. If you we're to ask me the names of any famous photographers right now, they would be names I have read on his forum !

Apologies, but I feel I need to be immersed a bit deeper in photography before I can respond to this one.

No worries jaxaxe. I've struggled this month too. Not happy with anything I've taken really.

Mine was going to be against blue sky. But, hadn't reckoned on the wind moving the leaf all the while going blind looking at the sun. So clouds it was.

Last edited:
All good efforts to me. Keep missing the voting. Is it just a bad month or has entries dwindled to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back