JUNE 2013 CHALLENGE: recreation - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A suggestion from AB22 EasyTiger this month.

Re-create a photograph of your choice, taken by someone else, in your own style. Post both.

Have fun photographers (and please keep photoshopping etc to a minimum this month for this theme - thanks!)

If our lass had a nicer arse (and was willing to show it to the world) I'd do 'tennis girl' :-D In fact that would have been a better challenge, everyone do tennis girl ! (Sorry peachy no hi-jack intended ;))

If our lass had a nicer arse (and was willing to show it to the world) I'd do 'tennis girl' :-D In fact that would have been a better challenge, everyone do tennis girl ! (Sorry peachy no hi-jack intended ;))

I'm gonna recreate afghan girl with a lass from walker gate.

Should imagine our lass will be up for some Roy Stuart homages

In my dreams :neutral:

Any rules regarding copyright and posting of images ? just asking - don't want to get the board into trouble like!

Any rules regarding copyright and posting of images ? just asking - don't want to get the board into trouble like!

Yes, I think just a link to the 'copied' photos is best, not posting them

Some may be impossible to post anyway

Yes, I think just a link to the 'copied' photos is best, not posting them

Some may be impossible to post anyway
I wondered about "copying" other photos too. Don't know what the legal implication might be; but I thought we have enough images from google images and other places posted on here don't we? If it is a friend's photo it will be up to us to get their permission won't it?

o< Roger?
o< AB22ET?

I wondered about "copying" other photos too. Don't know what the legal implication might be; but I thought we have enough images from google images and other places posted on here don't we? If it is a friend's photo it will be up to us to get their permission won't it?

o< Roger?
o< AB22ET?

The legal implications are you're not supposed to do it, not that anyone takes any notice. We all do it, maybe just a bit hypocritical if we do it for this on the photo board

The legal implications are you're not supposed to do it, not that anyone takes any notice. We all do it, maybe just a bit hypocritical if we do it for this on the photo board

Photo posted on Flickr, with link to original? Surely that would be permitted legally?

Someone should put up an easy to follow set of instructions in doing all this link malarkey, is it just like a YouTube link where you copy and paste the URL or whatever it's called?

Someone should put up an easy to follow set of instructions in doing all this link malarkey, is it just like a YouTube link where you copy and paste the URL or whatever it's called?
I'll help you when you want to do it if you want. It's the same as posting a picture but you use the world and chain icon above.

Go to tinypic.com
Click "choose file"
Select photo you want to upload
Click "upload now"
(answer the stupid question)
Wait.......
Copy the "IMG Code for Forums and MEssage Boards" link
Paste it on here

Done.

Go to tinypic.com
Click "choose file"
Select photo you want to upload
Click "upload now"
(answer the stupid question)
Wait.......
Copy the "IMG Code for Forums and MEssage Boards" link
Paste it on here

Done.

Don't do this, this is exactly the sort of thing I keep getting bother with.

I regularly get requests to remove images from the boards and have also had several requests for payment for misuse etc. (usually by recorded delivery letter with lots of legal mumbo-jumbo and screen shots so they are semi-serious)

Embedding any image in 'img' code is something of a legal grey area as technically the image isn't here so its not copied but it is the reason images are resized to thumbnails on RTG.

Try to see the other side - think how you would feel if you were selling a photo and it popped up on a site you didn't authorise.

If you link to somewhere else where the image is hosted (using link, not img) that is fine.

I intend to re-create something by Miss Wooooooosh

Last edited:

I regularly get requests to remove images from the boards and have also had several requests for payment for misuse etc. (usually by recorded delivery letter with lots of legal mumbo-jumbo and screen shots so they are semi-serious)

Embedding any image in
Logon or register to see this image

Embedding any image in
Logon or register to see this image

What. You can't link your own photos to the board using tinypic?

I think KG was just asking how to post a photo....
KG knows how to do that!:lol: He enters the photo comp regularly!

We can put our own photos on here it is our choice, but for the purpose of this month's competition he wants us to link our photograph to the one we are emulating rather than posting both as initially asked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back