Jumper on the town bridge

I use to think how could people do that to loved ones etc, then went through utter hell last year where thoughts of ending the pain entered my mind a fair few times. It's why I'd never judge anyone now, you have no idea the hell they are going through where ending it all seems the answer, it's heartbreaking when it's reached that point for someone.

Stick your neck out and make a controversial post its going to happen. He could explain himself but chose not to. He now has SMB bully boys to deal with. PMs the lot.

There’s plenty controversy on here that no one bats an eyelid at.

Why does he have to explain himself, they’re his thoughts on the subject, is it right to hound someone because it’s a bit insensitive?

A mate of mine did say there’s only so many then you’re paid off.
A mate of his knew someone that was training, went around a bend to find someone standing between the tracks waving at him.
I’d say I could cope with almost anything but something like that is absolutely horrendous.

Surely one of the most offensive 'comedies' ever made.

Logon or register to see this image

I use to think how could people do that to loved ones etc, then went through utter hell last year where thoughts of ending the pain entered my mind a fair few times. It's why I'd never judge anyone now, you have no idea the hell they are going through where ending it all seems the answer, it's heartbreaking when it's reached that point for someone.
Well said... for anyone who been at that point it's horrific and many people dont want to die they just dont want to live. It's not the cowards thing to do and as you say never judge

That's well put. It's a last scream for help from someone who's not thinking rationally anymore. It's an awful state of affairs.
We also underestimate the part alcohol can play in alot of suicides. If your at that point of not wanting to live anymore sometimes you can see it as a way to escape life and imagine it, plan it as a way of relief to cope but alcohol can put that fantasy and thoughts into reality very easily

It looked like there was a couple talking to him. I felt a bit guilty not being able to help but I was driving past on the other side of the bridge.
Its still a horrible feeling seeing that situation and Im normally a right heartless git.
Probably because under the skin 99% of us have a conscience and a heart and if we saw anyone ill in the street or about to kill themselves we would try to help

Honestly marra it was a really horrible thing to see, just from driving past you could see how upset and in a bad place the lad was.
I cant stop thinking about it :cry:
The sad thing is you wont be the only one. I saw two in a week once just walking over the bridge. Luckily most of them dont do it during daylight hours as help at hand but the poor sods who do it on a night when no one around

I’m assuming until it’s happened to you, it’s hard to fully understand.
A family member took his own life several years ago, the pain it left behind was aweful, his mother and father are in there 70s, how they coped I don’t know.
If life is so bad that the option is suicide, surely thinking of the affect on others doesn’t come into your mind ?
Through work I’ve had lads who have attempted suicide, for reasons that were horrendous and one that I thought, WTF it’s a problem people deal with and get over, but it woke me up to mental health.

Looks like another one on the railings now. Just crossed it in slow traffic, loads of police, fire brigade and HM Coastguard. Sad to see.

Back