Jumper on the bridge

You don't think access to mental health provisions and stigma around male mental health has improved over the last 30 years or so?

It could certainly improve, but it's came on leaps and bounds in my lifetime.
Its like the more it’s becoming publicised the more people are claiming to have mental health issues?
Seemed a fun family day out. I saw a couple with their bairns, with drinks and snacks etc, stood watching it and the mother had her phone out, seemingly filming.
Awful.
Grim. People are vile man.

Last edited:

That fucker would be banging the railings with joy
Hate that twat, brought in UC and then had the nerve to resign as it apparently "cut too deep" - aye Ian, UC is horrific full stop. When I first heard about it I thought "how are they going to do that then - pay everyone in advance ?, otherwise it'll be a nightmare"...........nope, a 6 week wait, rent arrears, people getting f***ing desperate due to having to rely on foodbanks and pray they don't get evicted from their homes :confused:🤬.

Drove past this today going back over the north side. Saw all the ropes etc out and feared the worst. First time I’ve been passing when someone actually is still on the other side. Glad to see the bloke is ok and hope he gets whatever help he needs.

People have nee morals at all now man. No one gives a shite.
I think it's instinctive to have a quick look, it becomes scummy when you're stood tuning in like it's a tv show
Its like the more it’s becoming publicised the more people are claiming to have mental health issues?
Last night you had increased depression and anxiety issues down to an increase in coke use. ;)

Last edited:
The crys for help are falling in deaf ears imo. Access to mental health services are limited, especially in Sunderland. We are the only place in Britain to limit counselling sessions to 6. Mind that was 3 year ago when
my mate nearly committed suicide.
My missus works in cherry knowle so I know first hand the strain the system is under. It ain’t great for staff or patients.
But where do you draw the line?
Hope he gets the help he needs.

I was having a bad time a few months ago and actually sought help and even with the fast tracked service it was about 7/8 week later when I got a call back about it.

In that time I decided that I needed to help myself and stopped drinking and regularly taking cocaine etc and started going to the gym, doing positive things instead. Low and be hold I actually improved massively and actually turned down the help when they eventually called.

Think some people don’t help themselves myself being one of them. I’m not saying everyone’s the same but a large percentage of people feeing depressed and that would definitely feel a difference with a change in lifestyle.

I was having a bad time a few months ago and actually sought help and even with the fast tracked service it was about 7/8 week later when I got a call back about it.

In that time I decided that I needed to help myself and stopped drinking and regularly taking cocaine etc and started going to the gym, doing positive things instead. Low and be hold I actually improved massively and actually turned down the help when they eventually called.

Think some people don’t help themselves myself being one of them. I’m not saying everyone’s the same but a large percentage of people feeing depressed and that would definitely feel a difference with a change in lifestyle.
@Some Random Guy

Hate that twat, brought in UC and then had the nerve to resign as it apparently "cut too deep" - aye Ian, UC is horrific full stop. When I first heard about it I thought "how are they going to do that then - pay everyone in advance ?, otherwise it'll be a nightmare"...........nope, a 6 week wait, rent arrears, people getting f***ing desperate due to having to rely on foodbanks and pray they don't get evicted from their homes :confused:🤬.

Yet seemingly people around the country would happily vote for this kind of ideology - baffling.

It’s definitely improved over the last 30 years, possibly declined over the last few though.

For whatever reason there’s a culture now that sees this happening and we need to do something different.

One professional footballer suffers cardiac arrest and there’s a campaign for defibs to be installed in football clubs right down the pyramid,

There were around 4,500 male suicides last year, which is the lowest for around 30 years, but still far too many young men die this way.

Not looking for an argument by the way, just think it feels like a dirty secret that people try and keep to themselves rather than seeking with the issue.

It's very much a class thing as the lower end of the class system are seen as disposable and are ignored and failed by the "system".

Agreed 100% and well done mate. But something must have triggered your change in attitude. Some people need that sort of advice. Can you imagine someone in the position you where phoning you and asking advice? You would be perfect at it, tell them what you did and how it helped. Honestly how long would it take? 5-6 minutes?
But instead you waited 7-8 weeks just for the call back then the same for appointment and on your first appointment all they do is take your particulars and make a decision how to treat you.
I feel like the system in many respects can worsen someone’s condition.

Anyone know how this ended then..i drove over while he was still over the railings about 3pm..someone posted 'an old man'..he didn't look old to me..youngish lad with a grey top and black/dark bottoms on..he had a bottle of something in his hand..looked like a big plastic pop bottle with clear liquid in??..anyway hope he got talked back..anyone??

Anyone know how this ended then..i drove over while he was still over the railings about 3pm..someone posted 'an old man'..he didn't look old to me..youngish lad with a grey top and black/dark bottoms on..he had a bottle of something in his hand..looked like a big plastic pop bottle with clear liquid in??..anyway hope he got talked back..anyone??
Back into police custody, from what I understand he was released from prison yesterday and wanted to go back by being sectioned.

Back