Jumper on the bridge

Just drove by. Was an old bloke, sat behind the Sunderland city crest on the wrong side.

He’s been there a good hour or so and were still there, albeit on the wrong side of the railings ten minutes ago. Fingers crossed he makes it back across safely.

If anything else killed as many young men in the UK as suicide, we’d do something about it. ☹

It’s a very tough one.

Saw the same on the Redheugh bridge in Newcastle the other week, strangely enough that was an older bloke as well.

Desperate state to be in , hope all ends well.

What can we do?

Suicide, drug poisoning and, car crashes are the most common causes of death in people in their 20s. Probably always will be.

Access to mental health provisions and removing the stigma around mental health, male mental health in particular would be a starting point.

It’s 2019 and people still think it’s just a case of MTFU and move on.

Access to mental health provisions and removing the stigma around mental health, male mental health in particular would be a starting point.

It’s 2019 and people still think it’s just a case of MTFU and move on.
You don't think access to mental health provisions and stigma around male mental health has improved over the last 30 years or so?

It could certainly improve, but it's came on leaps and bounds in my lifetime.

It's becoming a very sad regular occurrence now. It seems to have become the place to go to.

Unfortunately, it always has mate. My mate was fishing under the town bridge years ago and someone jumped from the bridge into the river. The police found his body later that day further down the river.

Shook my mate up big style.

Back