July 2013 - voting

July challenge - voting thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have seven days to vote and can vote for as many as you like. (Feel free to comment and critique only photographs that have C&C welcomed).

(C&C welcome for Steeeeed and peachbum).

thought it was quite a strong month, liked all of your pics. Went for Monkey as I like the abstract nature of it.

Peachy, great framing, great timing of the cocked leg. The only thing that draws my eye slightly is the graffiti but not much you can do about that unless you cloned it out (which i know you're not a fan of)

Would have liked to see a touch more detail in the mountains of Steeeds, perhaps boost the shadows a touch

ANAG, I suspect it'll look better in B&W due to the hard metering situation and loss of detail on the pylon

Well done everyone though.

Last edited:
Peachy for me... although 2 things bother me about it... one is I wish you'd waited for a better subject to walk through rather than some fat kid with a blue rucksack on :lol: and 2 I think in B&W with a high contrast it would look mint!

Peachy for me... although 2 things bother me about it... one is I wish you'd waited for a better subject to walk through rather than some fat kid with a blue rucksack on :lol: and 2 I think in B&W with a high contrast it would look mint!
Thank you!

Maybe I'll try the photo as a B+W. I thought a more "rough" type suited the environment rather than a pretty model type? Not that I had any choice really, I was only there a few minutes.

Thank you!

Maybe I'll try the photo as a B+W. I thought a more "rough" type suited the environment rather than a pretty model type? Not that I had any choice really, I was only there a few minutes.

he doesn't look rough though, looks like some fat kid on the way home from school via greggs :lol:

I can understand you not wanting to hang around too long though tbh looking at the location

Peachy, great framing, great timing of the cocked leg. The only thing that draws my eye slightly is the graffiti but not much you can do about that unless you cloned it out (which i know you're not a fan of)

Would have had my vote but for that!

Sorry PB!!

Voted for Steeed, a little predictable BUT excellently executed. I'd have it on my wall, showed my boss and he said it was 'special'. top praise.

Well done all :cool:

Some cracking efforts there, but my vote goes to Steed, an exceptional shot mate.

ORossO a very close second.

Last edited:
I know we only had a few entrants but I thought the theme was met really well by all.

I can see why Steeeeed's has got the most votes, but I'm going to give my vote to Orosso. A much harder photo to capture imho.

I can see why the graffitti may detract from mine if you just want "perfect" symmetry, but in my mind photography can tell a story too, so whilst I think met the theme (in my mind :) ) it didn't matter that there was graffitti on the wall as that told part of the story of the surroundings. The bridge building detail was the symmetrical bit. I wouldn't have taken the graffitti out even if I had been able to.

Peachy, although like has been said I would like to see it in B&W. I may have also waited until there was no-one walking through, although I see why you did that. The graffiti wasn't an issue for me.

Thanks for the votes.

Voted for Steeed, a little predictable BUT excellently executed. I'd have it on my wall, showed my boss and he said it was 'special'. top praise.

Well done all :cool:

:evil:

You can have a tiff if you want it on your wall like. Your boss can buy one :-D

Peachy, although like has been said I would like to see it in B&W. I may have also waited until there was no-one walking through, although I see why you did that. The graffiti wasn't an issue for me.

I have the image with no people and two people but I personally thought it looked a bit better with a human. Thanks for the vote.

I have the image with no people and two people but I personally thought it looked a bit better with a human. Thanks for the vote.

I always go for the addition of someone in an image... Maybe it's because I only like people photography really, but I always think scenes with someone in them add a huge amount to the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back