July 14th Corona deaths uk

The Government reported 398 new cases today in addition the total lab-confirmed cases for Wales now include Pillar 2 tests which means that the total number of UK lab-confirmed cases has increased by 1,240 since yesterday.
Someone on here can probably explain this better than me.

138 uk death toll today. previous tuesday data - 155, 155, 171, 233, 286324

cases announced as 398 though they have appeared to add some new data which is historic welsh data.
0 new cases for county durham, boro, hartlepool and sunderland. leicester 31 new cases.

Last edited:
Belgium is roughly the same size as Scotland, Wales and NI combined. These countries have had many days of zero deaths combined so hardly a comparable or indeed required comparison....
Also I presume they aren’t attributing every single care home death to COVID like we are. Seems it’s impossible to compare.

The Government reported 398 new cases today in addition the total lab-confirmed cases for Wales now include Pillar 2 tests which means that the total number of UK lab-confirmed cases has increased by 1,240 since yesterday.
Someone on here can probably explain this better than me.

Backdated ones that go back weeks

Also I presume they aren’t attributing every single care home death to COVID like we are. Seems it’s impossible to compare.

I don’t know how they are reporting non hospital deaths in Belgium Philip, I do know that in this country not all deaths recorded as Covid are Covid... as you know 😘

Belgium is roughly the same size as Scotland, Wales and NI combined. These countries have had many days of zero deaths combined so hardly a comparable or indeed required comparison....
Belgium still has he most deaths per million population in the world,but been in single digit deaths nearly everyday for 1-2 months now.

Back