Julio talking about the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you win Julio is a really nasty man for having a bit of a joke at O'Shea and his lack of pace but to be fair I think the multi medal winning, international captain John O'Shea will be less arsed than you seem to be about it.

Here I'm not crying over the comment, just think it was a bit out of place thats all like :rolleyes::lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WiseMenSayPod?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"When we got relegated when I played, we didn't have the quality but we at least tried"

"I'm a fan now and seeing players who dont fight pisses me off"

"If the players don't want to be there - then fuck them" Eloquently put from @julioarcaOK

"Being honest, I dont think the team will improve much when injured players come back. They need to bring new faces in" - Julio

Stephen "O'Shea will be at Shields with you next season, Julio" the response from Arca is "He's too slow to play at that level"
Julio might have tried but there were plenty who didn't. I love the lad but he was part of that absolute joke of a bunch who finished on 15 points.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WiseMenSayPod?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"When we got relegated when I played, we didn't have the quality but we at least tried"

"I'm a fan now and seeing players who dont fight pisses me off"

"If the players don't want to be there - then fuck them" Eloquently put from @julioarcaOK

"Being honest, I dont think the team will improve much when injured players come back. They need to bring new faces in" - Julio

Stephen "O'Shea will be at Shields with you next season, Julio" the response from Arca is "He's too slow to play at that level"

Don't kid yourself Julio. there was some quality in that squad - you didn't get 19 points by busting a gut.

I really like Julio.
But trying hard and giving 100% as a footballer isn't just about a Saturday, it's about how you train and look after yourself.
I think arca could have had a better career than what he had had.

Julio was mainly frozen out under Sergeant Wilko so won't blame him for the 19 point season.

Julio was mainly frozen out under Sergeant Wilko so won't blame him for the 19 point season.
If Julio hadn't signed for the smog monsters I'd have loved him even more

Another thing I've never forgiven McCarthy for rushing him back too soon

He went agaisnt all doctors orders to play him in the think 2-2 game up there

He was injured straight after that match :evil:

Ha of all the teams to sign for mate. Shame Julio left just before the Keane era would have done well in that team.

Christ, are some people bucking O'Shea on here?
the world would be a better place if everyone was John O'Shea.

Finished shearers career, loves the lads, hates the mags. Came from argentina and plays for South Shields! What's not to like about the bloke he's an absolute legend

And he'd still be quicker than Oshea :lol:

what's so funny about a player being quicker than another?

i thought it was the mags game he rushed him back for? came on at ht and clearly wasn't fit. ended up being out for approx another 2 months

Last edited:
Amazed no one else had mentioned this, could argue some of the 15 pointers didn't either, Stubbs, Davis, Breen, Gray...
Aye the reason I didn't mention the 15 point mob was I genuinely thought it wasn't really lack of effort with them I just thought they weren't good enough.
Where as the 19 pointers, there were still some decent players who had proved in previous seasons and seasons after the 19 point season

Julio is a nice guy and was good player for us. The game is different these days so I find his comments on O'Shea to be disrespectful, that said, he's absolutely 100% right that the players don't fight or give a shit.
"Disrespectful", truth always hurt, is playing way out of his depth now, look at the way he was skinned for Albions second goal, nothing short of embarrassing, lets face it, if he was a horse, he would be in a tube of Uhu by now

"Disrespectful", truth always hurt, is playing way out of his depth now, look at the way he was skinned for Albions second goal, nothing short of embarrassing, lets face it, if he was a horse, he would be in a tube of Uhu by now

Actually he was unlucky with that, he made an interception but the ball unluckily bounced the wrong way. 90% of centre backs would have been skinned in that situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back