Juice Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuggy

Winger
Girlfriend has got the shakes of these in to try and I agreed to try them out with her as I would like to lose some weight as well, don't understand why she is using them because she is a size 8-10, but I will let her get on with it.

Anyone had any experience with them, I only want to have 1 of them a day for my breakfast, can't justify replacing my dinner with one as well. Had my first one this morning, vanilla shake with almond milk, wasn't the best but got it down me.

Their claims don't actually stand up to the research from what I can remember reading a few months back when I checked it out.

I really don't see the point, aren't they supposed to be vegetable shakes, yet they're fortified with additional micronutrients and lack fibre? Unless they do a whole bunch of shakes.

Regardless, I'd just focus on diet - I think for the most part supplements are a load of shit.

After a lot of shite eating I've actually just signed up for 4 months worth of shakes to try. You start off with a 14 day detox, plenty of water and clean foods. Then it's a case of substituting 2 meals per day with those shakes, main clean meal of an evening and snacking on clean fruit and veg.

I'm using it as kick start to cut fat for a few months as I want to do the Sunderland Half Marathon, and at the moment feel sluggish and like crap. The shakes will be ideal for when I'm at work and breakfast.

You could probably work the whole thing out yourself, but it's not a massive fee for the shakes, so worth a go. Have seen some impressive results from those that have done it.

It's a structured kick start for those who have no discipline.

Their claims don't actually stand up to the research from what I can remember reading a few months back when I checked it out.

I really don't see the point, aren't they supposed to be vegetable shakes, yet they're fortified with additional micronutrients and lack fibre? Unless they do a whole bunch of shakes.

Regardless, I'd just focus on diet - I think for the most part supplements are a load of shit.

Looks like herbalife version 2. If I was going to do a shake diet or detox I would rather just make my own shakes from fresh green vegetables. Don't see how a powder which no doubt has a load of preservatives etc can detox you?

Drinking the shakes instead of a meal isn't doing anything other than reducing your calorie intake. No magical properties.

I might start spraying bananas blue and flogging them for a fiver each. Eat one for breakfast. One for lunch. 2 for dinner. Snack on lettuce in between. Nowt else.

Blue banana diet. Yours for £20 a day. Dramatic results within weeks.

I don't like these shake plans. It's not normal food and when they've finished the shakes, people tend to go back to their old eating habits and the weight creeps back on.

Clean eating and teaching yourself to make healthy choices with normal food is a better way as it's a way of eating for life, fits in better when you are out and about and you are less likely to put the weight back on.

I don't like these shake plans. It's not normal food and when they've finished the shakes, people tend to go back to their old eating habits and the weight creeps back on.

Clean eating and teaching yourself to make healthy choices with normal food is a better way as it's a way of eating for life, fits in better when you are out and about and you are less likely to put the weight back on.
A juice diet is a kick start and nothing else, should be used as a detox phase, then a weight loss phase, then your body will have got shot of all the shit and you'll be in a good position to carry on eating a healthy balanced diet. Can't see me lasting much more than a couple of months, which works out well for me as it'll be just in time for a stag weekend away.

A juice diet is a kick start and nothing else, should be used as a detox phase, then a weight loss phase, then your body will have got shot of all the shit and you'll be in a good position to carry on eating a healthy balanced diet. Can't see me lasting much more than a couple of months, which works out well for me as it'll be just in time for a stag weekend away.

Detox phase is unnecessary. There's no evidence of any health benefits. The body is pretty good at detoxing itself.

Detox phase is unnecessary. There's no evidence of any health benefits. The body is pretty good at detoxing itself.
If you give it a chance!

It's a week of hell if done properly, your body goes cold turkey whilst it rids itself of it's toxins. I've tried doing it before, got four days in and I have up, headaches were f***ing unbearable.

If you give it a chance!

It's a week of hell if done properly, your body goes cold turkey whilst it rids itself of it's toxins. I've tried doing it before, got four days in and I have up, headaches were f***ing unbearable.

Why not do it more gradually and enjoy exactly the same benefits without a week of feeling like shit? Or just stop drinking and eat a sensible diet for a week, your body will get rid of any 'toxins' in that space of time.

Why would anyone want to do that? Sounds ridiculous.
Health benefits of detox, do it in one quick burst and it's over and done with and you can build on that. A proper detox is hard work mind. I'll let you's know next weekend if I make it to 6-7 days.

my facebook (I know) is fking full off lasses talking about this
3 of them actually selling it like so no wonder

Health benefits of detox, do it in one quick burst and it's over and done with and you can build on that. A proper detox is hard work mind. I'll let you's know next weekend if I make it to 6-7 days.
A proper detox? What does that mean? Never seen anything to suggest your body needs only juice for 7 days on order to detox. Your body reacting with headaches doesn't suggest it's something that's good for you.

Avoid avoid avoid.

Dieting and yo yo dieting especially are bad.

A lifestyle change is what is needed. There are no quick answers. Losing weight rapidly or starving yourself is f***ing your insides right up.

When people diet it simply shrinks the stomach, when they come off the diet the stomach grows bigger than it originally was, when they keep repeating this cycle they end up a mess and much bigger than ever.

A proper detox? What does that mean? Never seen anything to suggest your body needs only juice for 7 days on order to detox. Your body reacting with headaches doesn't suggest it's something that's good for you.
It's not juice on the first week, it's a clean diet, plenty of water, and no shit. The body then flushes the toxins from your body.

The blurb is this "
The human body, when overwhelmed with toxins will ‘dump’any toxic substances within the adipose tissue stores (fat) in order to reduce their circulation throughout the body.

When there are no longer toxins entering the body those toxins will be expelled along with the fat (and excess water) that’s storing them."

Probably a load of shite, but I personally know people who have done it, lost fat, and feel much better with more energy after it.

Probably a load of shite, but I personally know people who have done it, lost fat, and feel much better with more energy after it.

You can do that with food, but you don't get headaches or go through hell doing it.

You can do that with food, but you don't get headaches or go through hell doing it.
I need to give my body a quick sharp shock becs, 7 days, detox then it's over and done with, then it's juice for a little bit whilst I'm training for the half marathon, until I start the weights again where I'll be eating clean but putting away around 3000-3500 cals a day, and keeping up the running.

I need to give my body a quick sharp shock becs, 7 days, detox then it's over and done with, then it's juice for a little bit whilst I'm training for the half marathon, until I start the weights again where I'll be eating clean but putting away around 3000-3500 cals a day, and keeping up the running.

How much does it cost for these shakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back