Juan Sartori

Hang on, the National Party?

Just looked them up on Wiki, they're a right-wing Christian Democrat nationalist party, also known as The White Party, essentially espousing "Uruguay for Catholic Uruguayans" and generally opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

Err....

I have no idea what Sartori's personal politics are, but this has left me feeling a little funny about this guy being part of our club.

Can everyone remember the uproar about Di Canio's political leanings? :eek:

They don't sound too mental tbh, sounds like there's two main parties and they're just the more right wing one, supported by landowners including those involved in farming (so people exactly like Sartori!). Fairly similar to the conservatives over here which, given Sartori's wealth, it isn't surprising he favours them over the other lot. Anyway, politics is boring the fuck out of most people at the minute, as long as he isn't wildly racist, homophobic or whatever I don't think we should be bothered about it. If he wants Uruguay for the Catholic Uruguayans he can crack on as far as I'm concerned

They don't sound too mental tbh, sounds like there's two main parties and they're just the more right wing one, supported by landowners including those involved in farming (so people exactly like Sartori!). Fairly similar to the conservatives over here which, given Sartori's wealth, it isn't surprising he favours them over the other lot. Anyway, politics is boring the fuck out of most people at the minute, as long as he isn't wildly racist, homophobic or whatever I don't think we should be bothered about it. If he wants Uruguay for the Catholic Uruguayans he can crack on as far as I'm concerned

Absolutely, but the key words in your reply for me are "as long as he isn't". :lol:

As soon as I heard he was running I checked it out to see what the story was. When I heard he was running for The National Party and saw that they are a right-wing Christian Democrat party I knew people who have a meltdown. People are so stuck in their little political boxes that they are blinkered.

Let’s get a win show him the potential so still keeps an interest even if wins his elections

As soon as I heard he was running I checked it out to see what the story was. When I heard he was running for The National Party and saw that they are a right-wing Christian Democrat party I knew people who have a meltdown. People are so stuck in their little political boxes that they are blinkered.

Exactly, couldn’t care less about that it’s about football not politics.

Donald and Methven are both Tories but seem like nice genuine guys. According to some they should killing OAPs and eating children. I'd rather judge them on what they do for us.

First time I’ve heard that, don’t pay any attention the politics at all tbh so I will solely judge them on what they do for us too.

So far doing brilliantly :cool:

Sheep mate. They have to conform. If you’re not one you have to be the other, that’s how polarised society has become. Maybe Sartori agrees with some of the party’s politics but not all and may intend to change them from within? Or maybe he thinks the opposition will flush his country down the shitter and his motivation is to stop that from happening? There could be many other reasons, not related to gay marriage or abortion.

Does anyone have (and this is genuine question) any polling data for the forthcoming Uruguayan election?

Basically, does Sartori have the slightest chance of becoming President?

Uruguay are quite left wing. He is a massive Tory prick. His party are behind in most polls but not by miles. If they launched a brilliant campaign they could certainly win.

Sheep mate. They have to conform. If you’re not one you have to be the other, that’s how polarised society has become. Maybe Sartori agrees with some of the party’s politics but not all and may intend to change them from within? Or maybe he thinks the opposition will flush his country down the shitter and his motivation is to stop that from happening? There could be many other reasons, not related to gay marriage or abortion.
Fuck off with your considered and common sense point of view :cool:

Hang on, the National Party?

Just looked them up on Wiki, they're a right-wing Christian Democrat nationalist party, also known as The White Party, essentially espousing "Uruguay for Catholic Uruguayans" and generally opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

Err....

I have no idea what Sartori's personal politics are, but this has left me feeling a little funny about this guy being part of our club.

Can everyone remember the uproar about Di Canio's political leanings? :eek:

We’re owned by two staunch Thatcherites and a right wing Uruguayan nationalist. But whilst we’re winning games in the third tier no one will be bothered.

Back