Juan Sartori

KJNMackem

Midfield
All about priorities our Juan.

Sunderland co-owner Juan Sartori set to postpone presidential campaigning to attend Wembley clash with Portsmouth

Juan Sartori is set to cheer on Sunderland at Wembley this weekend - as he takes a break from campaigning for the Uruguayan presidency.

The Black Cats’ co-owner was a regular at the Stadium of Light in the early weeks of the season, even joining supporters in the South Stand during the 3-0 win over Scunthorpe United. And he is now set to back his side once more when he returns to England ahead of the Checkatrade Trophy final with Portsmouth.

The Uruguayan has spent the majority of his time over recent months preparing his bid to become the National Party’s presidential candidate ahead of the general election in his home land in October. And while his campaigning has stepped up a notch in recent weeks - with primary elections set to take place on June 30 - Sartori is set to back Sunderland when they face Portsmouth this weekend.

Stewart Donald tweeted his fellow shareholder, saying: “See you next weekend!!!” Sartori purchased a 20% stake in the Black Cats earlier this season, after previously being part of a failed bid to buy Oxford with Donald and Charlie Methven. A successful businessman in Uruguay, Sartori has sacrificed many of his business interests to pursue a political career.

Does anyone have (and this is genuine question) any polling data for the forthcoming Uruguayan election?

Basically, does Sartori have the slightest chance of becoming President?

Does anyone have (and this is genuine question) any polling data for the forthcoming Uruguayan election?

I can't find any polling data but non of the articles kicking about don't mention Juan as a front runner in the primaries. Seems to me he's just testing the water to gear up for a genuine run at it in a later election.

Not really.

Though people have said that about tax-exiled, interloping, outsider billionaires with no real right to contest party primaries before...

(...though doesn't appear Sartori is trying the whole anti-establishment nonsense).

Hang on, the National Party?

Just looked them up on Wiki, they're a right-wing Christian Democrat nationalist party, also known as The White Party, essentially espousing "Uruguay for Catholic Uruguayans" and generally opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

Err....

I have no idea what Sartori's personal politics are, but this has left me feeling a little funny about this guy being part of our club.

Can everyone remember the uproar about Di Canio's political leanings? :eek:

Hang on, the National Party?

Just looked them up on Wiki, they're a right-wing Christian Democrat nationalist party, also known as The White Party, essentially espousing "Uruguay for Catholic Uruguayans" and generally opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

Err....

I have no idea what Sartori's personal politics are, but this has left me feeling a little funny about this guy being part of our club.

Can everyone remember the uproar about Di Canio's political leanings? :eek:
Wrong forum.

Back