Josh Hawkes

Just spoken to a mate who played against him the year Marske won the Northern league, where Hawkes couldn't get a game. Then went to Pools and has had a good cracking season with plenty of people talking about him. Seems to think it's a surprising but good move for Hawkes, be interesting to see how he develops.

Josh came from Stockton on Tees
Hitch-hiked his way despite the breeze
Plucked his eyebrows on the way
Shaved his legs and then she was a he
He says, "Hey babe, take a hawk on the wild side"
Said, "Hey honey, take a hawk on the wild side"

Implies he is transgender mind, which isn’t the best. As he isn’t to my knowledge

Will work on Hawk This Way!

Only sort of works with the Run DMC version, and only really if we give him his debut away to Doncaster, but I had a go

Well there’s a lad from Stockton,
12 goals for Pools he knocked in,
We talked to his dad, he says,
He said you couldn’t be shitter, you’ve been losing every fixture,
So you’re gonna have to change your ways,
Now he’s a midfielder, and a real crowd pleaser,
The Dunston lads reminisce,
The say the best bit about him, is defenders get around him,
And he turns around and takes the piss, like this

Hips they shimmy when he starts his run,
And defenders left all on the floor,
He sees a man in the middle, right foot goes back a little,
Then a cross that you just must score,
And he’ll take his big chance in the first team plans,
If Parkie says he’s ready to play,
He says I almost feel sorry, for a load of shit like Donny,
But I’m playing Josh Hawkes today,

I’m gonna play Hawkes today, at Donny away

I think he could do well in league one. If the club are just going to use him in the academy then i think it's a waste for the lad. He's a good footballer and has good support round him, so I'll be keeping a close eye on how he does having watched him for years at Hartlepool.

I have saw quite a lot of him at Hartlepool, in my view he was mis-managed. This isn't as bad a signing as many are making out. Good management that should lead to a better application on Hawkes part and who knows? worth a punt IMO. I would though after so many games at U23 be looking to loan him out to league 2 or top 6 National League ASAP and see how he gets on.

I have saw quite a lot of him at Hartlepool, in my view he was mis-managed. This isn't as bad a signing as many are making out. Good management that should lead to a better application on Hawkes part and who knows? worth a punt IMO. I would though after so many games at U23 be looking to loan him out to league 2 or top 6 National League ASAP and see how he gets on.
Well Craig Hignett was a complete and utter clown so I agree with you on the mismanagement part when at Pools. I hope he does really well.

Noticed he was on the bench against Rochdale and then scored our goal in the u23s 1-1 draw earlier today.

Is he any good, does he have a chance at making the first team?

Noticed he was on the bench against Rochdale and then scored our goal in the u23s 1-1 draw earlier today.

Is he any good, does he have a chance at making the first team?

I hope he gets a chance. One to keep an eye on though I do think another full season of first team football would have been of more benefit to his development. It's good for him that Parkinson has gone though

I hope he gets a chance. One to keep an eye on though I do think another full season of first team football would have been of more benefit to his development. It's good for him that Parkinson has gone though

The question is, is he a better prospect than diamond, kimpioka, Neil and even emebleton considering he is 22. After watching the games available this year, he isn’t. He needs to get out on loan so his career doesn’t stall.

The end of the salary cap has done him a massive favour tbh. It means we can afford to keep him on for another season to see how he develops without worrying about him taking up a squad place.

Obv not fancied here then

they weren't signed to be first team players

Dave Jones led a recruitment of the under 23s to make them competitive and stop our younger lads getting hammered every weel

if we have injury crisis then they can make up numbers in 1st team

but they werent really signed with any long term plan

Curry already going to MLS...this lad and Younger might stay for another year of under 23s, but they'll be off otherwise

I dint mind it, the club had to do something last summer, and it has stopped the rot for the under 23s.

Back