Josh Hawkes

Well done OP. Shared your ITK knowledge without any drama or cryptic bullshit, just how it should be and you didn't need any alter ego's to do it either 😂

How it should be, and not the first you have shared. Thanks mate.

Interesting. It's hard to make any strong conclusions from a highlight-comp, but he has a touch of the Josh Windass about the way he runs and seems to play.

A little birdy told me we are definitely signing Hawkes.

Seriously though, another 21 year old who can’t get a regular start for Hartlepool(actually I think the other lad was younger)? I suppose it’s better than most of last season’s U23s and will save us the same level of humiliation but it’s hardly bringing us Sunderland squad players of the future.
By all accounts you couldn’t be more wrong in your assessment.

How do you know? Or an educated guess?

just basing that view on what I've seen so far, nothing that I would know myself. There was a theme before where we would be recommended players or seek to copy what others teams were doing often at considerable expense, as oppose to identifying our problems and being more creative with solutions.

Put it this way: more Xhemajli, less Clarke-Salter. It doesn't necessarily mean it will work, but I think it's an exciting path to explore.

Last edited:
just basing that view on what I've seen so far, nothing that I would know myself. There was a theme before where we would be recommended players or seek to copy what others teams were doing often at considerable expense, as oppose to identifying our problems and being more creative with solutions.

Put it this way: more Xhemajli, less Clarke-Salter. It doesn't necessarily mean it will work, but I think it's an exciting path to explore.

It's to say that there's more risk involved on the part of the recruitment team. It's easy to follow what other clubs are doing without really understanding why they're doing it, as such it becomes smart to copy that because you won't be held accountable. JCS wasn't the right move at the time for a whole host of reasons, but because other clubs were loaning Chelsea players with more success, there was no risk. If it doesn't work out, then you can blame the coach or whoever. We're taking more risks now, that's (hopefully) better suited to what we want to achieve. It's not the 'lazy' recruitment it might have been before.

Last edited:
we're building up far more contacts and getting input from a wide range of sources. It may be more old school but hopefully it'll prove far more effective.

Wots the purpose? To get on the puppy farming treadmill? 'Cos as we the know under the current regime they won't get anywhere near the first team, not matter how shit we are.....

Back