Jordan Willis

Bit on the shorter side for a centre back but hopefully he will be decent.
Mheight not placate the (S)heighthawks, but he played well against us & sounds to have good attributes. Good positional play allied with pace and decent aerial ability can compensate for lack of height. For example, I always thought Chris Perry was a very decent centre back: he was 5'9".

Really positive! :lol:

He isn't the most technically gifted defender but he has pace in abundance that allows him to get out of trouble and lets the team play a higher line. Played right back on occasion but always looked very suspect there. Going down to league two probably helped him with the physical side of his game but has never been very good in the air and is pretty poor from set pieces. I'm not sure if he's championship ready or not but this is his chance to make the step up and try. Everyone here would love to keep him but I doubt he'd be a starter in a Championship playoff chasing team. Might work on the right side of a back three, probably just a low risk low cost punt for you guys.

He isn't the most technically gifted defender but he has pace in abundance that allows him to get out of trouble and lets the team play a higher line. Played right back on occasion but always looked very suspect there. Going down to league two probably helped him with the physical side of his game but has never been very good in the air and is pretty poor from set pieces. I'm not sure if he's championship ready or not but this is his chance to make the step up and try. Everyone here would love to keep him but I doubt he'd be a starter in a Championship playoff chasing team. Might work on the right side of a back three, probably just a low risk low cost punt for you guys.

And yet...

He isn't the most technically gifted defender but he has pace in abundance that allows him to get out of trouble and lets the team play a higher line. Played right back on occasion but always looked very suspect there. Going down to league two probably helped him with the physical side of his game but has never been very good in the air and is pretty poor from set pieces. I'm not sure if he's championship ready or not but this is his chance to make the step up and try. Everyone here would love to keep him but I doubt he'd be a starter in a Championship playoff chasing team. Might work on the right side of a back three, probably just a low risk low cost punt for you guys

;)

Picking and choosing to bolster your negative bias is an act of dishonest advocacy. An honest advocate would at least do us the decency of showing the arguments that go both ways, before seeking to persuade us to his way of thinking. You appear to delight in running us down whilst at the same time professing your love of the club. Your seemingly pathological desire to engage in such acts of overt denigration is highly suggestive of dysfunctional levels of self-esteem. You must change your life....

Picking and choosing to bolster your negative bias is an act of dishonest advocacy. An honest advocate would at least do us the decency of showing the arguments that go both ways, before seeking to persuade us to his way of thinking. You appear to delight in running us down whilst at the same time professing your love of the club. Your seemingly pathological desire to engage in such acts of overt denigration is highly suggestive of dysfunctional levels of self-esteem. You must change your life....
Has lots of safc supporters who will vouch for him though allegedly...

Steve Bruce :lol:

Whoever is talking about him is clearly talking to a supporter of a Championship side. He even says he's not sure if he'd be a starter in a Championship play off chasing team and that he's not sure he's Championship ready or not. I mean to you that's negative, to me the poster is actually saying he's at the level where clubs are thinking he's worth a shot in the Championship.

Noted

Rejected a new deal at Coventry. Played for them as a regular for years now according to Wikipedia and is only 24.

Hopefully a good signing who can sort our defensive problems out.

On the other hand, did he play when we put four past them?
Aye, he scored a hatrick

Not really.

@Astute your Coventry aren’t you? Any good?
Yes good at this level. But one of them players that you thought would have progressed more. Plays mainly RB but most of us agree that he is better at CB.

Has frequently been linked to other clubs but nothing has ever come from it. And don't expect him to be an ever present because he won't be. But a good honest pro who puts in the effort. And on his day is solid. Much better than Burge who is a disaster waiting to happen. He will be missed but at least we look like we have a good replacement.

Captain for them I think. Quick and strong, looked like Luton and Barnsley were after him. Could be a very good signing for nowt. Not massive but more athletic than our current bunch.

5 ft 11. Centre back, can’t see us being after him, 24 years old, he might just creep in to our age cap with him being a free transfer, but even so I can’t see us being interested.

I know nothing of the lad or with qualities / failings.

He seems a decent age and good experience. From press reports hes had quite a bit interest from elsewhere.

The only worry I have is we seem to be after versatile player, bits and pieces players and that's what's hes reported being. If he goes in a CB, at 5' 11" hes not the biggest.

I'd much prefer to sign someone who is the master of their position rather than a player who is decent in a number of roles.

He seems a decent age and good experience. From press reports hes had quite a bit interest from elsewhere.

The only worry I have is we seem to be after versatile player, bits and pieces players and that's what's hes reported being. If he goes in a CB, at 5' 11" hes not the biggest.

I'd much prefer to sign someone who is the master of their position rather than a player who is decent in a number of roles.

CB is his best position. And he is quick. Managers playing him in a different position doesn't make him a worse CB. And we have had some clueless managers in his time with us.

It depends what you want from a CB. Big and slow or 5'11" and quick. Is good in the air. Never gives up. Certainly an improvement on what I saw from you last season.

CB is his best position. And he is quick. Managers playing him in a different position doesn't make him a worse CB. And we have had some clueless managers in his time with us.

It depends what you want from a CB. Big and slow or 5'11" and quick. Is good in the air. Never gives up. Certainly an improvement on what I saw from you last season.
Cheers mate. Good to hear of his pace.

I do think we still need a powerhouse at the back, a big strong dominant CB.

Cheers mate. Good to hear of his pace.

I do think we still need a powerhouse at the back, a big strong dominant CB.
The best thing about Willis is his pace. Would say this is why managers liked playing him RB. But his passing is adequate at best. But certainly good enough at this level.

Back