Jordan Pickford

No arguing Pickford has had very dodgy times for Everton. Much like many Everton players in recent years. Though back end of the season he’s been very good for Everton,

But I can’t believe anyone can argue he’s been anything but good for England ever, For me he always turns up. And Mr John ‘dwell on the ball till I’m pressed and the opposition score’ Stones can get lost cause he’s cost us more goals than Pickford has.

Last edited:

Rice was piss poor tonight but it had absolutely nothing to do with him moving the ball forward. Constantly got caught out with the ball being split in between our defence and midfield.

If you think Declan Rice is a poor player for the reasons you've posted then I'd suggest you watch him closer than you have been doing. He is a very good footballer and is more than comfortable at moving the ball and/or carrying it forward.
All about opinions and i respect that you may have seen more of him than i have. What i have seen does not, in my opinion of course, support him being "a very good footballer".
Perhaps it is the role he is being asked to play.
Perhaps it is the tactics being applied.
Perhaps it is the inadequacies of his colleagues.
With two DM's i believe it is vital that, as a minimum, one of them can be a positive creative influence. My opinion is that in the absence of Henderson we do not have that in the England squad.
Given this we should not be found lacking, regardless of team selection or the fact Scotland certainly raise their game against us, when playing the team ranked 44th in the world.

Came through the academy of the red headed step child as far as England are concerned and has moved to the second fiddle team on Merseyside.

He should have gone to Chelsea or Liverpool and he could hoy the ball in his own net, they’d wax lyrical about how good his form was. Mount is average as owt, but he plays for Chelsea so not a word against him.

Why cant our other Jordan get in that team?

The midfield was bossed by Scotland tonight. Doesnt bode well.
Spot on.Rice and Mount should be excelling in the Euro’s if they’re as good as the (London) media would have us believe.The game needed Hendo’s quick,forward passes,and organisational skills.Kane isn’t a leader.Did either fullback get well up the field?

He played really well. I dunno if it’s just the new hairstyle or what but he looks a lot leaner to me. I know he’s had afew injuries in recent times so maybe he has trimmed down because of these.

Ironically Pickford is the only player other than Foden (who was subbed?) who played with any kind of intensity. Comes to something when your keeper is the only player putting the ball forward with urgency.

Back